Stupidity Problem

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
User avatar
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: In the office and pretending to work

Stupidity Problem

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:05 am

With all the mass shootings in the news of late, I have said that we have a 'Values Problem' in this country. But after hearing the "news" of the world and our country, and hearing the comments of the politicians who want to be our leaders, and witnessing the way people are driving during rush hour and acting in other public places, I have come to the conclusion that we have a serious 'Stupidity Problem' in this nation.

I need a drink.
Nobody owes you anything.
User avatar
stang67
Duck South Addict
Posts: 2969
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:05 am
Location: LA

Re: Stupidity Problem

Postby stang67 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:14 am

Not to be contrary, but I think people know exactly what they’re doing. They aren’t stupid. They’re selfish and short-sighted. Living for me and living for the moment.
User avatar
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict
Posts: 4703
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2001 12:01 am
Location: Mis'sippi

Re: Stupidity Problem

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:39 am

The church shooter in New Zealand said he was doing this to force more gun control.

Wonder how many of these other events are carried out for this purpose?

There was house bill called the hearing protection act that was on the verge of being passed. Shooting event grabs headlines and hearing protection gets tabled for a bit.

Bill comes back and is literally going to be voted on within a day or two before the LV shooting occurs.

Coincidence??
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
User avatar
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: In the office and pretending to work

Re: Stupidity Problem

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:25 am

stang67 wrote:Not to be contrary, but I think people know exactly what they’re doing. They aren’t stupid. They’re selfish and short-sighted. Living for me and living for the moment.

^^^^This explains getting drunk on a Saturday night.^^^^

But it does not explain such things as:

Wearing ratty pajamas to Wal-Mart
Acting as if the world owes you a damn thing
Admiring the Kardashians for being great political leaders
Believing everything on the internet
Agreeing with Antifa that radical gun control is good but Trump is bad
Eliminating ICE in order to solve the immigration problem
Trying to solve the drug, HIV, and homeless problems by giving out free syringes and tents.
Expecting the government to do everything for you
etc.
etc.
Nobody owes you anything.
novacaine
Duck South Addict
Posts: 3571
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:59 pm
Location: Hernando-Gwood-Nola

Re: Stupidity Problem

Postby novacaine » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:37 am

The wife and i were discussing this very subject last night while listening to talking heads on tv.
She boiled it down to " disintegration of the family". I could not agree more.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
User avatar
peewee
Duck South Addict
Posts: 4352
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2001 12:01 am

Re: Stupidity Problem

Postby peewee » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:39 am

novacaine wrote:The wife and i were discussing this very subject last night while listening to talking heads on tv.
She boiled it down to " disintegration of the family". I could not agree more.



For a lot of the worlds problem this is the case. Hardly anyone is talking about lack of father figure in the home. Fellows I can tell you for sure if I didn't have my Daddy when I was a teenager I would have been in bad bad shape. I thank God everyday that he gave him to me. I lost him a week after a turned 18 due to an accident.
Peewee
User avatar
SB
Duck South Addict
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2001 12:01 am
Location: Brandon,MS

Re: Stupidity Problem

Postby SB » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Distentergration of the family unit hits the nail squarely on the head.
Scott Baker
User avatar
teul2
Duck South Addict
Posts: 13389
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:01 am
Location: Delta
Contact:

Re: Stupidity Problem

Postby teul2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:16 am

Wildfowler wrote:The church shooter in New Zealand said he was doing this to force more gun control.

Wonder how many of these other events are carried out for this purpose?

There was house bill called the hearing protection act that was on the verge of being passed. Shooting event grabs headlines and hearing protection gets tabled for a bit.

Bill comes back and is literally going to be voted on within a day or two before the LV shooting occurs.

Coincidence??

I think not. Tinfoil hat or no, it's hard to deny.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
User avatar
teul2
Duck South Addict
Posts: 13389
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:01 am
Location: Delta
Contact:

Re: Stupidity Problem

Postby teul2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:16 am

SB wrote:Distentergration of the family unit hits the nail squarely on the head.

Defiantly part of the bigger issue.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dukluk and 1 guest