Prison Time for Ole Miss Student

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Prison Time for Ole Miss Student

Postby GET-N-RITE » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:58 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man ... cid=HPCDHP

6 months in the pin for placing a rope and a flag on a statue!!!! Also federal offense and life ruined. Was it poor taste, and bad judgment yes, however I don't see this as a federal offense.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Re: Prison Time for Ole Miss Student

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:43 am

The judge may have given him the death penalty as he will most assuredly be targeted when he gets to prison as well. We have imploded as a society.
Long Cut
Veteran

Postby Long Cut » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:44 am

Agreed, a young preppy kid will be target number 1 in jail, and then the fact that he is convicted of a racially charged crime will be very very bad for him. If he can make it 6 months then he will be doomed when he gets out as far as future employment unless he works in a family business or is given an opportunity by someone who knows more about him than this issue he is dealing with. I do not condone what those boys did but many of us on here got sauced at some point in our life and did some pretty stupid things as well. This kid just so happened to strike a nerve of of a select group and he has now been made an example of. Sad deal all the way around. I just don't understand the jail time since apparently he has really straightened his act up.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:03 am

And I can watch the drug dealers drive by my office every day...
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:26 am

Complete and utter BS!!! Political crap from the administration. His attorney needs a swift kick in the nads as well.

I say we all go Protest and shut down the streets! That along with burning the place down seems to be completely acceptable these days but some kid pulling a stupid prank gets jail time? WTH?
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:59 am

another indicator of how corrupt and ridiculous our society has become. kick him out of school, give him 11tween ours of community service but federal prison?????? this judge is evil.
There will be a day....
yourmanwm75
Veteran

Postby yourmanwm75 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:37 pm

Wonder if the judge was black? Anyone know??
three11
Veteran

Postby three11 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:32 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:58 am

Article says he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge. Guess it could have been a lot worse if this was considered a hate crime.

Fact of the matter is as far as the federal administration is concerned, the old days are over and they are trying to right perceived wrongs with actions like this and all the while letting rioters riot in the street like wild animals.

It's sad.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
yourmanwm75
Veteran

Postby yourmanwm75 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:44 pm

It is sad. I don't think it was right but C'mon Man! It was just a bad joke pulled by a kid. No one was hurt.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”