Sledge boys Busted!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
tupe
Veteran
Location: MS/LA/IL/WI/ND and anywhere else I can get to. Born in MS.

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby tupe » Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:59 am

Looks loke some local boys got nailed! I hope they learn. I can't stand a game hog!
Check out the violations.
Any of you guys know this crew?
http://news.fws.gov/newsreleases/r4/A83E1141-6803-43A4-B32B6A83462BEA6E.html

M.B.
Stano
Veteran

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby Stano » Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:41 pm

Yea sounds pretty common they just got caught I once got caught :::::sigh::::
and the systems works im glad to say heh...wont have to catch me again ain't gonna happen!

I think people would be suprised at how much of this goes on.......
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby GulfCoast » Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:06 pm

Sounds like they had been watching this bunch for quite a while.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby judge jb » Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:27 pm

the fine ain't too bad, but the loss of privledges during probation would be hard to swallow... any G&F violation during that period would result in a guided hunt in Parchman....{with the big bucks}

judge jb
tunica du4u
Veteran

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby tunica du4u » Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:42 pm

Watching a while don't scratch the surface GC. One of the undercover agents had became "best friends" with the brothers. Had spent numberous weekends, nights at there house, meals with their families, had brought his kids hunting with them. This had been going on for 3 years or better.
I don't know the brothers personally, I've met them several times as they worked for one of my best friends during off hunting season so I've heard their side too. They seem to be nice enough guys just by meeting them. Feds supposedly had countless video and audio along with wiretaps, the hole nine yards. Hope this makes a lot of folks wake up and stop this kinda nonsense. [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]
RB
Regular

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby RB » Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:43 pm

M.B. ..Goes to show you that you never know who is watching. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] The best way to stay on the right side is never cross over to the wrong side.
chance
Duck South Addict

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby chance » Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:24 pm

I know both of them pretty well. Actually carried hunters out for them on several occasons four years ago during weekday hunts. Nice guys yes. Hard working farmers just out to make a living. Didn't go about it the right way though.
digger
Duck South Addict

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby digger » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:36 pm

I know they were all in the wrong,but shouldnt guide's have gotten worse fine than hunter.I think if this man got out of hand they should have said enough shooting.I reckon the dollar's talk though.
tunica du4u
Veteran

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby tunica du4u » Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:14 pm

"Supposibly" the hunter had got caught killing a protected species (hawk I was told) on a federal NWF and rolled over on the guides for a deal and that's what started the undercover operation. Don't know this myself, just what I was told.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby judge jb » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:45 pm

sometimes duck-hunters sing like a blue bird.....

judge jb
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby Delta Duck » Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:03 pm

I have alot of hunters that ask about hunting all day. I just tell them it depends on how you shoot!!!
The day ends at the limit.
Last year a party of four plus guide could have stayed out there for 2 days.
chance
Duck South Addict

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby chance » Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:03 am

That is the way they let this thing work. Hunters could hunt all day. Certy wanted the "guide" to kill ducks for the clients too. Sometimes hunters went to blinds without guides. Guides got paid by the half day or all day. Fellow with some time could have made some decent sideline money but you just knew that this deal was a bit shady.
These guys had a good business but just let it go to their heads. They never believed what they were doing was gonna cost them. After all they were not killing over the limit on ducks. The clients were. They just allowed it and turned their heads to it.
Cephous
Veteran

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby Cephous » Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:56 am

You know...this is why we in the south have to fight so hard for our season. The folks in the northern part of the flyway see and hear about crap like this and want to cut our season to match theirs. You just know PETA and other anti-hunting organizations are just eating this stuff up. Have a good time but don't do this and give these liberal idiots any more ammunition than they already have. [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Hammer
Veteran

Sledge boys Busted!

Postby Hammer » Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:14 pm

the money hurts a little, the lost hunting hurts a little more but there is nothing like some time in the hosgaw to straighten a guy out...Some time in the clink and these guys would be poster boys for "Poachers to Preachers"...Nice guys or not, they deserved at least "30 days in the hole".

HAMMER
torch
Duck South Addict

Postby torch » Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:30 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”