Camp virtual sign in app

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Camp virtual sign in app

Postby peewee » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:35 am

I got in a lease with five other guys. We are exploring a virtual sign app for a check in option. Anyone have any experience. I don’t believe we are too concerned with folks trying to take the best spots and all that jazz. I’d like it for safety options. Also for ease of access as there are two areas that aren’t connected to the main lease property. All members have been handpicked and we aren’t concerned with sneaking deer out and
Peewee
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Camp virtual sign in app

Postby teul2 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:37 am

Not seeing it in the app store now, but I at one time had a "deer camp" app on my phone. I could mark stand placement, not activity. track patterns from that activity, and "check in" to a stand. You could have a couple of people on it.
So there is one out there, but i don't see it right now.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:16 am

I haven’t used either, but I think the MSU Deer Lab app does that. And I think Huntstand does, too.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:12 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:55 pm

HuntStand is the one I use, but not for that purpose.
It does have that capability though.
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:32 am

Jim, I’ve used the MSU one a little, Deerhunt. My camp also had virtual sign in board for about 5 years, VSIB. I liked VSIB better simply because I was more familiar with it. Both displayed current wind direction overlaid on the stand map which was helpful. I liked the fact that I could change stands and sign in while in the woods if the wind changed or some other factor made me lose confidence in the area I was hunting.
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw

Return to “General Discussion Forum”