I don’t like this marketing.

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

I don’t like this marketing.

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 am

They ought to make a first time adult license purchase for a “new” hunter available at a discount to encourage new recruits into the sport.

Or maybe have a “mentor” license. Example, a coworker of yours may express an interest in hunting but doesn’t have any equipment or know how and you agreed to take him a few times.

But whoever is in charge of their marketing please just figure out how much you need to charge for these license and get rid of the BS fees listed here. Just figure out what the price is and just put that down. I mean, the whole purchase price of a license is considered a “fee“. It’s starting to look like a damn phone bill where are you never know what it’s going to cost.

BF9D112D-8071-4099-B7D5-DA78CFC88C47.jpeg
Last edited by Wildfowler on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Re: Getting expensive

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:25 am

Dude,

The license is the CHEAP part of hunting. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nobody owes you anything.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:34 am

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Sportsmans License in TN is $165
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
deerhunt1988
Regular

Postby deerhunt1988 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:43 pm

Well I’ll be dam’d. I didn’t know that? Thanks.

The price of a license is a bargain. And Im not complaining about any the total prices. It’s just that I’m complaining about the way they publish the pricing.

If they need add $1.29 extra for every license they sell just add that extra 1.29 into the price of the license and re-price the total cost for a particular license up front. Or better yet just round up to the next five dollar increment!!

We all understand inflation and how it affects consumer prices over time.

A hunting license is nothing more than a “fee” from the state to be able to hunt. So please leave off the extra “fee” as a second line item on the license bill and just give me one total price.

Thanks
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:35 am

I have a life time lic in la but my boys don't. My oldest turned 16 this year. Go ahead and look how much its going to cost just for him to duck hunt in La
booger
Veteran

Re: I don’t like this marketing.

Postby booger » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Those fee's use to only apply as a "convenience fee" for online credit card processors and the third party handling it for renewals.

It didn't use to be applied to the mail in renewal, but the robots got butt-hurt because they weren't getting their nickel on crusty check writing mail it in old codgers like me and you, so that it would now would be "fair" to everyone, check writing mail in folks got to pay it too.

They dropped the "convenience" part of the fee, now it's just a damn fee, don't ask questions just pay it. :evil:
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:48 pm

A couple of years ago the had a typo error, and if you hurried up and renewed by mail you could cheat the man out of three-fiddy cent. :lol:
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:32 am

I love waiting in line behind those little old ladies at the grocery store checkout who are sitting there with a big smile on their face, talking to the clerk, causing the clerk to have errors and watching every item scanned only to look flabbergasted when the clerk presents the total grocery bill to the lady.

Nothing else would have prompted her to go into her purse to begin looking for her checkbook so she can begin the check writing process any sooner.

Boy those were the good all days weren’t they? When everybody wrote checks and the clerks were friendly.

Haha
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:02 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
deerhunt1988
Regular

Postby deerhunt1988 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:21 am

Just renewed my license online and only had to pay the processing fee once (for multiple items).
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:36 pm

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:58 am

Speaking on this, Warren Strain, the new “voice” of MDWFP recently had a little commentary and called us “their customers”. I guess as tax payers we are now their customers. Sits kind of funny to me. It’s gotten to be more of a business and not a resource. I can see the decline in hunting and why it’s happening. Guess I’m getting old.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:40 am

Nobody owes you anything.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”