Democratic thoughts

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
JLT
Veteran

Re: Democratic thoughts

Postby JLT » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:16 pm

I know what you mean David and before turning on the podcast I had my mind made up, but some of the guys ideas really made you think.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:16 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:10 am

You’d be surprised how many really intelligent people think the .gov has an infinite supply of money that they dole out to the most worth causes. And that’s just the ignorant, dependent populace that the .gov wants to govern.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:03 pm

JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:09 pm

Teul.....he actually says where he will get the money from. I could never trust him, but the interview wasn’t what I expected.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:44 am

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:21 am

JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:24 am

Companies like Amazon that paid zero in taxes (which I have a hard time believing) and Wall Street transactions. Teul is correct in saying that it will eventually trickle down. I guess what I’m getting at here is it is easier to see how some folks can be drawn to Bernie after listening to him outside the debate platform. Listen for yourselves when you have 50 minutes of life to piss away.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:49 am

I never understood why people have always been hung up on some corporation NOT paying taxes.
They pay their fair share of taxes, it just may not be a capitol gains or in some other catagory that the federal government can gobble up.
Big companies employ at $#!+ ton of people and generate a lot of cash flow for other entities by buying stuff, infrastructure, supplies, vehicles, fuel, tractors, paper, and on and on and on.
Small companies do it also. I use to have a small company that paid my salary and another person, i bought a lot of equipment to run the business, bought gas, paid fees,etc.................the business paid NO taxes, but i on the other hand paid taxes from my salary.
If i end up with money at the end of the year i upgraded equipment, expanded everywhere i could to keep from sending the government money. Its all legit, i just chose to pay the required tax in a different category that benefited me and my business.

If Amazon has $200 B at the end of the year i say put in new warehouses, buy new equipment, employ more people............spread that crap around.
Just my 2 cents and im NOT an accountant, lawyer, or person with average intelligence.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Nobody owes you anything.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”