Prayers

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Re: Prayers

Postby novacaine » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:17 pm

"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Attachments
IMG_3739-crop.jpg
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
driveby
Duck South Addict

Postby driveby » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:11 am

http://www.dixielandcalls.com
http://www.sdb.alducks.com
http://www.SouthernDuckBoats.com

"Are you sure you're Albanian? You don't look full blooded" - Don Miller
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:22 am

No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

SCOOTER
Duck South Addict

Postby SCOOTER » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:35 am

Praying for the family.
Kids are like coots,they come in droves for me..........
black dog
Veteran

Postby black dog » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:11 pm

I went to his visitation this evening and was tempted to sign Leroy Jenkins in his visitation book. Love all the stories guys. Sitting here by a camp fire now remeniscing about the few times we shared. Long live rjohnson!
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on" - Dean Martin
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:30 am

Today was a tough day for many. I'll pray for Noah, Mandy, and the friends of Ronnie's on this board tonight. I'm sorry guys.
Last edited by Smoke68 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:40 am

Prayers for his family, they will need them even more after all the services and everything settles down. Did not know him except from here but it is obvious to see what kind of man he was by the testaments in this thread. I lost a best friend in college and all these years later it still hurts when I think about him. I feel for you guys as I know what you are going through.
GordonGekko
Duck South Addict

Postby GordonGekko » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:42 am

Damn, still reeling over this one. I can still remember going to lunch with him while Lawdog and I were in law school, him building his own wooden layout blind, and him and Mandy coming to the crawfish boil at my house back then. Taking him to the old Ain't No Tellin duck camp with my Dad and my father-in-law...years ago, but seem like yesterday. This wasn't how I was supposed to catch back up with him....
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:55 am

My heart always sinks when I get on here and see a prayers thread with multiple pages. I'm a little late, but it's never too late for paying respects.

While there will be pro's and conn's to technology doing away with human-operated vehicles, I will rest much easier when it happens. Damn the damned things.

But that is neither here nor there. Another lively member is gone. Dammit, another one. We need an " in remembrance of " subforum. After all, what's a forum without its members? Like they say, " Living is a terminal illness." We will all eventually find our way onto a supposed " in remembrance of " subforum.

I didn't know him personally, but...well...yes, yes I did. In some respects, I feel priveleged to say I did know his person. Maybe not his physical characteristics, but I knew the part of him that matters- the part that his friends and family loved and the part that lives on. The "him" that I knew from msducks is, by all acounts, judging on this thread, the "him" that existed in physical form. I knew him as much as I know people living down the road who pass by and wave every day at 5:30 PM. I feel confident that I knew him enough to give the little extra wave to him if he passed by. Maybe even get on a bream bed together.

He was always funny, witty and of the spirit of debate. I always knew when I saw Johnny Cash flipping the bird that there would be substance added to the conversation to follow it. If not that, then he always seemed there to help.

I gravitate towards the fun-loving, witty wise-asses because they are always the deepest, kindest, most interesting and entertaining people I know. In fact, my best friends seem to fit the description of how he represented himself on the board. I like my friends. All good and perfect things are from Above, and a perfectly imperfect friend is something I'm glad He decided to create. And I liked rjohnson.

Ecclesiastes chapter 12, in speaking of remembering our Creator in our days of youth- before we grow old towards death- says in verse 7 that "we return our dust to the earth as it was and our spirit to God who gave it." In Luke 23:46, Jesus committed his spirit into the hands of God. That can only lead to the logical conclusion that rjohnson is with his King.

He ain't just watching the sunrise unfold: He is with the One who makes it. Can we imagine the site of something so spellbinding as a sunrise being made? Something so grand that it encapsulates part of our worldview- actually being made: The placement of the planets, the putting together of the light on the horizon, order of the clouds, the path of the wind and the will of God to say which bird shall die and which shall live and for whom will take its life? And even though they will all eventually die, they wake up and, along with the rest of the heavens and earth, sing their praises. They know what we don't. Rjohnson knows what we don't.

I'm glad I knew what little I did of him. For whatever tiny amount that I knew him, as our paths in life crossed, I'm glad I knew him just that much. I'm glad for my slice of life that, in the halls of my memory, are rjohnson. One day, when I return to the One who made me, I look forward to meeting him.

Sincere prayers for his family, and also for the ones here who are his friends. The majority of members that are his friends, I know about like I knew him: through the forum. But I know you enough to care- to wave a little extra- and have love for the pain you feel. Dammit, I hate it so bad.

When it hurts and the light seems far away, remember this verse from Psalms 34:10

"Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing."

Godspeed to rjohnson!
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Wow............that was awesome.
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Postby bulldog ducker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:54 am

yes that was
HR Dutch Charles Sampson Bearden ( Charlie)
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:39 am

Shore do miss ol RJohnson on this day......
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:04 pm

"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham

Return to “General Discussion Forum”