Cohen screwed the pooch....

If it's sports related, it goes here! Try not to get your feelings hurt; it's all in fun.

Moderator: Sports Forum Mods

msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Re: Cohen screwed the pooch....

Postby msudawg8087 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:26 am

SHERMANATOR
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:14 am

State did what it needed to do to win and that is run the football. The need to do the same thing against LSU. I learned from a reliable source that State does not have an under the center play in the playbook. That is crazy. Coaches need to work on the play book still. Mix in some under the center plays along with short passing for Fitz (slants, screens etc.).
Peewee
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:27 am

Well that was ugly. Wanted to believe maybe State had somewhat turned the corner after Auburn but I was so wrong. Lot of fingers being pointed at specific people but they're all guilty. Just starting to snowball now. It starts with Moorhead and the play calling but at some point you gotta make a throw here and there.... It's gotten ugly. The fact the RBs aren't seeing more touches is beyond me.
SHERMANATOR
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:44 am

Well Well Well, we just might make the BBVA Compass Bowl this year....
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:35 am

Well make a bowl but I’m not a believer in this offense. The fact that we don’t have any under center plays is dumbfounding. When it’s short and inches I would hope you’d have a q.v. sneak in the play book. At times Moorehead put thinks himself in how he runs the ball. A. Williams is a stud, use him the proper way and several of these games aren’t eve n close.
Peewee
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:44 pm

I don’t know. I was pretty disappointed with UK and UF games. I see it like this, though. We have 3 losses. Mullen always lost a head scratcher, so I think he’d have lost the UK game. A different scheme probably wins the UF game. I don’t think we were gonna win the LSU game, unless Saban is coaching us. So this hypothetical exercise puts us at one game better. Meh. That doesn’t really change our ability to get to ATL. This was a peak year for us, but it just happened to come at a time when UK was pretty good and LSU was good enough not to be a gimme W in Death Valley. Tough draw.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:36 am

On and off like a light switch this season. Wasn't hard to top the first 7 but that was obviously Fitz's best game so far balance wise. His receivers actually caught the ball too. Amazing how that works. All I could do was shake my head, laugh a little and cuss under my breath in the stadium Saturday night wondering why the heck we couldn't do that the few games we've lost. I thoroughly enjoyed watching a functioning offense and that salty defense though. They are good. I do think there's something to A. Williams pass protection over Hill. He can give you a little more time which clearly helped Fitz. Got La Tech this weekend then Bama. Maybe we can keep it within 14 pts since the defense is playing well. Hopefully upgrade from the BBVA Compass to something a little higher.
SHERMANATOR

Return to “Sports Forum”