I hope roosted is roasted.......

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

I hope roosted is roasted.......

Postby Smoke68 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Cousin called me this afternoon to let me know about 1,000 canada's feeding in a cornfield on our family farm. Meeting him @ 4am to go after them. They've been there all week, and most recently came in 15 minutes before dark this evening. We got 8 guns after them in the morning. Fingers crossed!

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: I hope roosted is roasted.......

Postby Smoke68 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Sometimes it goes just like it's supposed to.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Awesome!! Did y'all get a limit?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Out-freaking-standing!!!
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:33 am

I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:23 am

Congrats that's about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 am

I've never given any serious consideration to hunting those things around here. But I'll bet they decoy in beautifully just like the opening day of goose season up in Canada.

Friend of mine showed me a video that was sent to him of a bunch of guys shooting geese. A group of eight or nine came in and all eight or nine got dropped!! I don't know how many hunters were shooting, but it looked like all but one goose dropped from the very first shot from each gun. There was a lot of hooping and hollering going on for sure!

I guess it was from the same guys, I don't know where it came from. But he had a picture of 100 geese they killed in a morning. Dead geese were placed on the ground to spell out the word 100!!

Yes, I would go do that!!

Edit: Speaking of geese, a flight of about 20 just passed overhead at Livingston. Haha
IttaBenaKilla
Veteran

Postby IttaBenaKilla » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:13 pm

That is awesome!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”