Red Asses...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Red Asses...

Postby Denduke » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 pm

For you trout flyflingers. Glass beads are kinda new additions to old patterns. The brass beads were intended to add weight and lil sparkle. Glass might not add weight but lots more sparkle... Peacock herl always looks real buggy.

Ran across these at Ozark Angler blog doing soft hackles. They added a glass bead to this one.....never figured out the name of it....glass bead Red Ass I recon....
[url="https://postimg.org/image/wtsm7qo3f/"][/url]
Try a Pink Bead Ass, Yellow, Orange.... had to unravel some floss for thread on couple didn't have dat thread color.....

[url="https://postimg.org/image/3so9yc3nf/"][/url]
Glass bead crazy.....
cupnglide
Veteran

Re: Red Asses...

Postby cupnglide » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:04 pm

I bet those produce. I've had some jam up days catching trout on the Little Red with a bead head Red Ass.
Never assume.
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:28 am

I tied a few with GWT chest/breast feathers. Very whispy. Flows well in the water. We fished LRR three weeks ago one morning. Cow shoals and had very little luck.

I'll get a pic when I can
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:59 am

IMG_5472.JPG

Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:52 pm

The teal breast look buggy, heavey barring. Gonna save some this season. Another great breast feather with dark barring is on a Gadwall flank and breast, btw. I use the traditional Hungarian Partridge and have half a skin....Kinda pricey.

Had issue few years back with pup, Buddy, RIP. I was tying and he always laying by me. Had to go get something, didn't think about anything got back to finish some ties and could not for the life of me find my HP skin. Looked at buddy (dogs can smile) and there was a lil partridge feather stuck on his nose. Lesson learned...

Here's a favorite sculpin I tie with the black deer hair/ Gadwall flanks and lead wire wraps underneath.

A Spring River brown with a sculpin in his mouth.
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:15 pm

I've got bags of mallard, gwt, widgeon, pintail, Woodrow and spooner of course. The baldpate feathers are a nice rusty brown but the bird is hard to come by. I have enough CDC for ever. I like those patterns. Where is your favorite place on Spring? I was going to try the Bayou access next time up

Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:38 pm

DD and me got us a blow up boat and floated from hatchery to Bayou Access. Lil harry when I drop a mushroom anchor in one of the heavey shoals but gives more choices than just wading Lassiters and around the hatchery.

We headed to Ft Lauderdale Labor Day for nephews wedding. We got visions of peacock bass!
Old pic

Return to “General Discussion Forum”