Eric Hunt strikes but again

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
donia
Duck South Addict

Re: Eric Hunt strikes but again

Postby donia » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:15 am

move around, keep it fresh....always a few fools to bilk before the bridges burn
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Mallard

Postby Mallard » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Seems like Eric has made friends all over. He will just move to a new area and start over, hopefully we get his name out there and keep someone else from getting burned.
Greenhead329
Veteran

Postby Greenhead329 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:42 am

He sounds like my old landlord.... Moved in from across the country to start my first job..
First night I tried to cook in my oven ... Didn't work , called to let him know
His reply
"I promised there would be an oven, I didnt promise it would work"
All I know is... A wise rooster don't bury his head when a chicken hawk is around...he keeps his eyes on his chickens

Dude...Why'd you make the homeless guy pay for supper?
Deltaduk
Veteran

Postby Deltaduk » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:21 pm

Don't let him get away with this. Track him down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SFDdelta1
Duck South Addict

Postby SFDdelta1 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:43 am

I debated a longtime about replying to Tommy's post since you never get anywhere fighting on the internet but there are a few things I needed to set strait. So this will be my one and only post.

Yes I have made mistakes in the past and there is nothing I can do to change and did I make some mistakes this year absolutely. Anyone that would join a first year club and expect everything to be perfect would be a little daft.

Let's just deal with mallard farms first. I committed to lease the farm I even had the key to it. First I was dealing with the farmer then some cooperate guy then terms changed, then who was responsible for pumping the property and the cost of that changed. Then it was unclear if the farmer would be there to pump the property and o would be stuck just the like guys were from the past season. So after all that yea I backed out of leasing the property. When I backed out of it and I let tommy know he told me not to worry it would be fine and he would let his guys from GA know.

It's funny that the farm to replace mallard farms was one field. 5 hunting locations on just that farm alone. That just this week killed a 6 man limit in a little under 2 hours, and has had great hunts off the main hole and several decent hunts off the other locations on the farm.

Tommy promised that he and his crew from GA would be up the last week before duck season to learn the farms and help get anything done that I needed. One of the things I told him I needed help with was the dog kennels like Jeff said all they needed where the gates installed. He finally showed up a month into the season.

The washing machine has since been replaced and he what tommy kinda forgot to mention was that he was provided one to use 2 minutes down the road.

My favorite of his posts is the one about the netting blind that I built. Due to massive amounts of rain that I am sure most of you are aware of right before season started and again thanksgiving weekend. The pit adjacent to where this "blind" was built went under water. So to make it a little easier to hide and hunt I put some netting up in the trees adjacent to the pit and we have killed over 350 birds out of this spot. I also put a boat and motor so this location could be accessed.

So I am sorry that Tommy was dissatisfied in the club this year but I have done everything I can to make him and all the other members happy. 2 of his disgruntled friends have even already rejoined for the next season as we have killed close to a thousand birds this season.

So with all that said if anyone feels that I have "screwed" Tommy or taken advantage of him or anyone else I would invite you to send me a private message and come out and see our lodge and our properties.
Attachments
image.jpeg
This was Monday's hunt off the replacement for mallard farms.
It's Not all Mai Tais and Yahtzee Out Here
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:50 am

sounds like some rich hands just wanted to pay money and just show up to hunt. But SFD you seemed to always be tied up in some stupid drama too.
Deltaduk
Veteran

Postby Deltaduk » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Yep,what he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:07 am

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
duckhunter48

Postby duckhunter48 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:17 pm

I also had a bad run in with Charles Hunt aka Eric Hunt this year. He had a club in Tunica called Walnut Lake Outdoors. Before joining I asked for duck kill numbers the previous year and how long he had hunted the property. He said he had hunted the property the previous year and killed 850 birds and a typical year is a 1000. After speaking with the guys who hunted the field next to us I found out our fields had not been flooded in years. Mr. Hunt also specifically told me he would not guide out of any of our duck holes and I found out through a non member that there had been a group from out of state that he guided out of our holes. On a good note about him he did provide a nice lodge for us to stay in but would let his STAFF aka his little college kids that help him stay at the lodge and they would leave it a total mess leaving duck meat and food out for weeks on end. It seemed like everything the man told me was a lie and I really don't see how he keeps doing this from year to year. This was my first hunt club experience so I guess I was a little naïve, but learned quite a few lessons. I really hope this does not happen to anyone else.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:04 pm

duckhunter48

Postby duckhunter48 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Not rich hands by any means just went on a mans word and was lied to just don't want it to happen to anyone else.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:05 am

SFDelta, that post reads like a T Logan Russell post. You may make some good excuses, but you have been branded a shady duck lease pimp. Its always you trying to tell everyone how they are wrong, or how you messed up, not people saying how good of a guy you are. I'm surprised a good ole fist fight or pistol whipping hasn't broken out.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Come on not again!!!
So this time he changed his name some, I wouldnt have expected that but goes to show what lengths he will go to and screw someone. If he defends himself, it will be all your fault or someone elses.

Where was his lodge located at? Property located at also please. Im suprised anyone in Tunica would lease to him or give him rights anymore.

It will catch up to him eventually.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
duckhunter48

Postby duckhunter48 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:32 am

The lodge was just south of tunica and again it was nice for a duck club. The holes were in Darling and Falcon. My only gripe was all the lying he did the whole season if he would have been straight up the whole time and told me from the begining he was starting a new club things would have been different.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:57 pm

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff

Return to “General Discussion Forum”