Question for those who remain

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
feather
Veteran

Question for those who remain

Postby feather » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi guys, what happened here and where is everyone? This was a great site and now no one is around anymore. I understand there were some login issues awhile back but why did no one but a few of us return? Just curious as this was a great forum that I enjoyed for many years. Good hunting to you all! David
"Locked, cocked and ready to rock, doc"..Ted Nugent
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Re: Question for those who remain

Postby Blackduck » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Kinda run out of stuff to talk about. Only so many times you can rehash sarcocystosis. Couple that with a stretch of difficult duck hunting years and it gets kinda stagnant.
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:27 pm

The hunting has been slow for me this year. I haven't had much that I've actually wanted to talk about.

Did find some success during the cold snap this past weekend. And have got the specs dialed in much better than I ever have before. Weve killed 17 of those in the last week or so.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:08 pm

I think that the overwhelming avalanche of electronic/interweb jimcrackery, i.e. facegoober, instadork, tweeters, etc.etc. etc. has put the hurtin' on all of the traditional "old school" forums. People only have so much electronic pie to slice.

To make it worse, the onslaught of "bots" has put all forum mods and administrators in a bind on who is real and who isn't. The ripple effect becomes that new REAL members, who are fired up and have lot's to say, never get "approved". It slows down to basically be a "word of mouth" to please let Jimbob601 join up. That jam up hurts new blood from participating, dang shame.

Not just here, I'm talking all forums in general.

Personal observation here, one may also try to find out about the new "SuperDuper" boats, half say POS broke in half the first day and sunk, the other half say went to hell and back every day for 60 day season, no problem. Now what do you believe?

And yeah, season not so good here either.

My .02
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
feather
Veteran

Postby feather » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Thanks for the replies. Makes sense but still a damned shame.
"Locked, cocked and ready to rock, doc"..Ted Nugent
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:40 am

Personally, I don't have much to talk about, Duck hunting has been slow or really non-existent for a while. I didn't even get stamps this year, won't go one time. Can't afford to have my own place to hunt, public is to much trouble. I usually hunt the river when I go, but just aint enough birds to constitute the time and expense it takes.
I wish the season down south would go into February, the birds don't get here until then really. Come Feb. 1 you can set a 5 gallon bucket of water in Wal-Mart parking lot and kill a limit.

On a side note, I have been killing some deer this year now that I am not chasing ducks around, and my freezer thanks me for it
maverick21
Veteran

Postby maverick21 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:44 am

There is a normal slow down during season, then a pick up of traffic afterwards discussing what worked, what didn't, and who saw the biggest back glass stickers, along with the most innovative face paint patterns.

But mainly due to most still trying to close out this crap season.
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:46 pm

I started to tell a story the other day on here
And then I realized this would be the third or fourth time to rehash said story so I didn't type it out. Like black duck said earlier done covered everything multiple times over
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
Roach
Duck South Addict

Postby Roach » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Some of are still lurking around and don't say much. It's kinda hard to post something when you haven't hunted in two years. That's whats sad.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 pm

It started going downhill about the time I showed up. I'll take the blame.
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Postby mallardchaser » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:19 pm

I still check the site multiple times a day.

My season started good, last 2 weeks slow.

I wish we'd see some more kill stories like the old days. I always liked the timber stories.
billyho
Veteran

Postby billyho » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Same for me, still check site every night. We've actually had a decent season but we've had to work out tails off for it. I miss the old timber stories too. Just think everybody has so much going on now days they don't have time to set down and tell a story. Rather post pics on facebook. Never had a facebook page, don't want one... Rather go back to reading the good stuff on here. I did however have the same thoughts the other day when I was looking at stuff on general classifieds, used to be able to buy about anything you wanted there.. Dam craigslist. Not your fault Davidees I find myself reading your post on sports forum quite often and finding them humerous, makes it fun when it's anything to do with Rebs or Dogs. Look this site is no different than public ground we hunt on, we getting older and slower and the young dudes are flying right on by with their face poo poo shining.. And their window decals blinking while us old farts just sit back and laugh and wish it could be like it was years ago..
ompharmer1

Postby ompharmer1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:34 pm

I just joined this year so they are still letting a few folks in. Never knew about this website until I found the podcast. I have a rather long commute to work so the podcasts have been enjoyable.

Been reading some of the older archived posts, since the new posts have been rolling in slow. The habitat forum is fascinating. Lots of questions and advice in there I've never even considered.
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:09 am

To many other options. Facebook is king in that there are 1,000's of private groups you can join for duck hunting talk, BS. Big problem with FB is that there is no real knowledge being given. There are no older men, giving out stories or thoughts, or even younger guys which have anything to contribute other than Imma man, i'm hardcore, and I am the king of duck hunting look what I did.

I can talk duck hunting for hours. What to know what my problem is my area is with hunting? Sandhill effin cranes. Yup not people but cranes. I would have never thought a crane would be the death of my success.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:12 am

still kicking from the good old days what 98 (i had a different log in then) try to post some every once and a while. hunting has sucked since the flood of 2011

Return to “General Discussion Forum”