Pope

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Pope

Postby rjohnson » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:43 pm

I'm getting hammered over posting on Facebook that I'm offended by the Pope lecturing our Congress with his opinion on political issues. This is what I posted.

"Is anyone else offended that the Pope is trying to interject his opinions on global warming and immigration into our political system? Pretty sure he is supposed to be a holy leader not a politician or lobbyist. How about next time you want to visit stay home and stay out of our business your holiness. Bye Felicia!"

Had a couple people back me up but the post wasn't up more than 2-3 minutes and three Catholic friends immediately jumped on with their opinions that it wasn't a big deal. I don't understand why Catholics are offended by questioning their Pope. The guy was idolizing a former Marxist that was known for causing civil disobedience. The Catholics I know seem think of him like a God. He's not God people. He should be leading people to God not telling Congress what he thinks they should do. Maybe I'm a simple minded idiot idk.
Greenhead329
Veteran

Re: Pope

Postby Greenhead329 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:40 pm

I'll second that... From being around several Catholics growing up he is treated like a diety imo..
Does he deserve respect for devoting his life to God.. Yes
Does he have anymore power than you or me? No
All I know is... A wise rooster don't bury his head when a chicken hawk is around...he keeps his eyes on his chickens

Dude...Why'd you make the homeless guy pay for supper?
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:01 pm

He is a wise, devoted , pious, godly man.....................still a man.

I would probably freak out if i got to meet Billy Graham but that's just me.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:56 pm

get the pope outta here!
MrGoodtime
Veteran

Postby MrGoodtime » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:41 pm

he actually is just another politician
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Peewee
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:01 am

Hmmmm.....I don't reckon I need no pope according to this right here:

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16.

Therefore, I ain't interested in anything this guy has to say.
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:52 am

There will be a day....
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:13 am

Last edited by davidees on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:15 am

But as for the terrorist in charge, I couldn't agree more.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:02 am

Anyone that believes there is more than one way to enter Heaven does not have my support, and millions will follow him into hell.
Here are just a few of the stupid things "his holiness" has been quoted as saying. The most important one being that atheist will
go to heaven.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/19/living/pope-said-what/

I would never judge or say that Catholics are not born again, and I will never understand the god like following one man gets from this
church, but I do have my opinions about their beliefs.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
TK
Regular

Postby TK » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:52 pm

For full disclosure I am Catholic. Also for the record no Catholic worships the Pope. He is the leader of our church just as I am sure most prodestants have some form of leadership in their church.

I encourage anyone that wants to know what the Pope said to congress to take the time to read the entire speech. If you read it with a Christian heart it's hard to argue with almost of it.

I would have to re read the part about global warming because I thought he just asked them to try to find ways to cut pollution.

While I consider myself as much of a conservative as probably anyone on this board, I know deep in my Christian values that if Jesus were here today he would be a lot more compassionate to illegal's than we are.

Peewee this man has literally lived poor with the poor his entire life. He has already walked the walk.

Fireplug the catholic faith believes you should be saved. We don't belive a 3 year old that dies in a car wreck has to have had that moment in their life.

We all believe we are worshiping God and Jesus the correct way. If any of us think the others are wrong and it's our way or no way, that is arrogant and very naive in my opinion. I personally think it's great that a man takes and raises his family in whatever Christian faith they believe.

I'm through with this topic. Growing up a Catholic in Mississippi I did learn one important rule, never argue religion. It's a no win situation.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:48 pm

He must have a great sense of humor to wear that funny looking hat.
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:22 pm

True that on the hat! Almost as funny as men in ghillie suits looking for the skunk ape.
REBEL DUCK
Duck South Addict

Postby REBEL DUCK » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Not sure about dude in white but Pope is a great place to live.
Get in where you fit in!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”