Bass Reports

Looking for tips and techniques on freshwater and saltwater fishing? Here's the place to ask.

Moderator: Fishin' South Moderators

LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Bass Reports

Postby LawDawg » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 am

Post your bass reports here.
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
woundedduck
Duck South Addict

Re: Bass Reports

Postby woundedduck » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:00 am

caught 24 sunday at a private lake in mendenhall. 26 the sunday before. they were all caught on a large white beetle spin with a red dot on it. they wouldn't hit anything but that beetlespin. i normally fish a worm.
rbsdrake
Duck South Sponsor

Postby rbsdrake » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:27 pm

caught 20 saturday on private lake weighing about 3-5 lbs. i give about 2 weeks for the big one start getting on it
DUCK-HUNT
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCK-HUNT » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Pelahatchie Bay this afternoon went after the Bass... water little too ruff to get after paper lips.... fishing in 3-4 ft of water. Didnt catch a fish till we found some warmer water.... 55 seemed to be the magic temp found some 56 but most was 54-55. ended up keeping 14 between 1 lb 4lb with most being around the 2/2.5 lb mark.... had 2 break off and caught a couple over 6 pounds but they where thrown back... majority where caught on a 1/4 ounce white or white chartruse spinner bait tight to the bank slow rolling the bait just under the surface creating a wake... big fish was on a zoom stick bait around 6.5 lbs.

Best luck was tight to the grass in 3 ft of water 55-56 degrees...

Not a bad day in the rain
Get em WET!............Their feet that is.
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:32 am

Lawdawg and I caught a few this morning. I couldn't track. Law kept up with it; he can give a better number. 80% were on top.

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:54 am

I stopped counting when my thumbs started bleeding. That was around 75. not bad for 2 hours of fishing. Sorry I had to take you to school using the "fluke" method. :D :D

Thanks again man, and to say I had a blast would be the understatement of the year.
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:24 pm

If you took me to school with the fluke, how did you enjoy the session I conducted titled, "How to spank their butt with a Devil's Horse." I can give you a refresher whenever you are ready.

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
Jake St. John
Veteran

Postby Jake St. John » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Miss. River chutes are HOT! HOT! HOT!. Find the flowing water over a roadbed or narrow spot and hang on.

Caught 17 on a roadbed with about 5 ft. of water over it at a structure spot. Rapala DT6 - Parrot color. Kept 3 for baking on the grill. 10 were identical ( 4 to 4 1/2 each ) 7 in the 2 to 3 range.

Here is a picture of the avg. 10
Ben Lee on Turkey Hunting ---- "It's a disease, your going to do it till you die"
QUACKERS
Duck South Addict

Postby QUACKERS » Sat May 15, 2010 8:54 pm

60 bass (keepers) in 3 1/2 hours at private pond around Booga Bottom
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.
quackheadbp

Postby quackheadbp » Sat May 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Caught this one the other day. Black Booger man Buzzbait. bout 5 pds or so.
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:00 pm

caught 29 at caroline on Saturday. biggest one was 6. they are starting to move deep. they were stacked up around 11-14 feet.

Jake St. John
Veteran

Postby Jake St. John » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:15 am

LawDawg wrote:caught 29 at caroline on Saturday. biggest one was 6. they are starting to move deep. they were stacked up around 11-14 feet.

Noel sent me an e-mail on ya'lls trip, he said the biggest was 5 1/2. :lol:

Ya'll need to give those bathtub bass a break. :) Coarse, If I lived on Caroline like Albert Johnson Jr. of St. John, I would be catching them every A.M. before work.

Coming down this weekend, staying through about Tues. and will bring you a piece of wood. I have fooled with it, it's too durn hard for boxes. You may be able to use it if it is not toxic.

Posting a fishing story called Old Timer. It's the truth though. :lol:
Ben Lee on Turkey Hunting ---- "It's a disease, your going to do it till you die"
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:52 am

Jake St. John wrote:
LawDawg wrote:caught 29 at caroline on Saturday. biggest one was 6. they are starting to move deep. they were stacked up around 11-14 feet.

Noel sent me an e-mail on ya'lls trip, he said the biggest was 5 1/2. :lol:

Ya'll need to give those bathtub bass a break. :) Coarse, If I lived on Caroline like Albert Johnson Jr. of St. John, I would be catching them every A.M. before work.

Coming down this weekend, staying through about Tues. and will bring you a piece of wood. I have fooled with it, it's too durn hard for boxes. You may be able to use it if it is not toxic.

Posting a fishing story called Old Timer. It's the truth though. :lol:

let me know when you are here and I will get you that teak. You know noel, he uses a de-liar that's 30 years old and tries to read it. Did he tell you what else he caught? I nice ambassador reel and rod. He hooked it through the last eye on the rod.

Jake St. John
Veteran

Postby Jake St. John » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:58 pm

I was using my dad's de'liar last year on a nice bass, he flopped and the deliar that my dad had used for 25 years and given to me and I had used for 25 more, went sailing out into the lake. I used a magnet and line for two days. Waited until the water went down and scooped with a net, raked with a garden rake. Then finally gave up the hunt, and bid on one off e-bay just like in the original box and got it for $8.95. I get sick every time I look at the new one. Some things have more sentimental value. I would give you $50 to get my original back.

I'll get with you most likely Tues.

That's something on the rod and reel.
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Return to “Fishin' South Forum”