Crappie Reports

Looking for tips and techniques on freshwater and saltwater fishing? Here's the place to ask.

Moderator: Fishin' South Moderators

rebelduckaholic
Duck South Addict

Re: Crappie Reports

Postby rebelduckaholic » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:58 am

Been having problems with motor past two weeks. Plan on crankin again this weekend
Work is for a man who can't fish
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:09 am

sorry to hear reb, hopefully you'll get back after them soon. I'm currently still boatless but waiting on the bank to call with the "hopefully" approval today, found a nice rig I'm wanting to pull the trigger on.
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:55 pm

just purchased a new rig... i like it so far..
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 am

I caught 13 keeper crappie last Saturday at Grenada Lake pulling crankbaits. The biggest was 2lbs 9oz. Would have caught more crappie had it not been for the white bass. I didn't keep count but I caught around 40 of those bastards. I just couldn't get out of them no matter where I fished. The crankbait bite is on! :D
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Good catch, 13 from Grenada is good mess of fish.

Hittin any certain color? What was the water clarity like?
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:37 pm

MSDawg870 wrote:Good catch, 13 from Grenada is good mess of fish.

Hittin any certain color? What was the water clarity like?

No certain color. Caught them on all black, all pink and lighter shad colored ones. Pulling 300 series. It is somewhat clear for Grenada Lake but not by Sardis and Enid standards. I think it may clear a bit more but it's not muddy.
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
rebelduckaholic
Duck South Addict

Postby rebelduckaholic » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Sardis is starting to heat up as well on the cranks. All I need now is one of them fancy pontoons. I usually have my little girl with me if you see us holler out.

16 foot alweld with a 50 merc

If I get in your way holler too. It can be a chore with a 7 year old and trying to do most everything
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:04 am

Pulled cranks on Grenada Lake Wednesday, June 16th. Ended up with 18 keeper crappie and about as many throw backs(short crappie), over 40 white bass, 4 largemouth bass, 2 catfish and 1 bream. :shock: The action and the weather is starting to heat up on Grenada Lake.
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:18 am

Buddy fished the Rez yesterday pulling cranks and had 40 but unfortunatly they were all the samne size about 1.02 lbs. MCC is having their 2 day finals tourny there yesterday and today.

I still havent been b/c of no boat but thats all about to change as Im on the way to Mobil to pick up my new ride now
rebelduckaholic
Duck South Addict

Postby rebelduckaholic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:05 pm

Post some pics of the boat dkiller.

Summer pattern is here just like don miller says bout Grenada at sardis keep those cranks in the water
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:28 pm

made the trip to natchez this weekend. we dressed 106 crappie 3 catfish and 2 bass. so i'd say it was good weekend trip. if any of you boys get are in the area or gonna make a trip over to deer park, get after it. We decided to go try and make a liar and of some folks who said you couldn't catch them with the river rising. caught them all jigging.

lake mary bite is on as well. talked to some buddies that had close to 100 also from sat.
champcaller wrote:
DUCK-HUNT wrote:
for exmaple you could kill a 4 greenheads (two banded), a mallard/black cross, and a mallard/gaddy cross and smash a hot blonde on the way back to the ramp and call it a hell of a day

and THAT is a duck hunt.
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:22 pm

took the new boat out today and caught a 2 man limit in about 4.5 hours. We were fishing in 9 FOW and caught all our fish in about 5-6 feet down. There biting good if you can deal with the ski boat traffic on the Rez
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Fished Grenada yesterday morning. Caught about 30-40 crappie with a bunch of throw backs. Only 7 keepers (over 12"). :shock: I don't know what is up with that. I've never had to cull that many crappie on Grenada before. Maybe all the out of staters caught all the keeper crappie. I talked to another guy that fishes Grenada a good bit and he said he was having to cull 60-70% of his crappie. The bigger crappie seemed to have vanished in the past two weeks. I fished from daylight til noon and had to cut my fishing trip short due to motor problems with the lower unit. I'll prolly be out of commission for a while til I can get my motor fixed.
rebelduckaholic
Duck South Addict

Postby rebelduckaholic » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Tried Sardis this morning and did not do well at all. Kept 6
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:37 am

Been slow here the last month or so but the word is they are moving into fall pattern now. Im planning on going after work today if I can get the frost gone and all the greens cut in time.

Return to “Fishin' South Forum”