Crappie Reports

Looking for tips and techniques on freshwater and saltwater fishing? Here's the place to ask.

Moderator: Fishin' South Moderators

duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Crappie Reports

Postby duckkiller » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:08 pm

What yall think about trying to get something started for fishing reports? IM talking bass, bream, crappie, catfish anything you fish for.

I'll start it off, we've been crappie fishing the aliceville pool of the tombigbee river and doing pretty good since Saturday. Fishing 17-19 feet deep in 25-27 FOW spider rigging minnows. SOme were caught oin jigs and minnow but plain minnow has been best. Saturday greenheadgrimreaper had 20, and I had 10, Sunday a buddy of mine had 30 before lunch and spent all afternoon culling, Monday I had 23 and 2 of my dads friends had 27 and 28, and a buddy of mine had 22.
Saturday the water temp was 46, by Monday it had reached 53 and today my buiddy said it was 53-54.

Alright guys whats happenign on your lakes? I hope to give a chotard and Rez report later this week
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Re: what about getting some reports started?

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:56 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't need no stinkin report. I AM the report!
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:03 pm

you must be in the sauce still, Man that refuge ride ended hours ago! :lol:
Reelfoot

Postby Reelfoot » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Reelfoot Lake Fishing Report...

The spring crappie fishing season is off to a bang on the lake. Good catches are being had on most all areas of the lake with the best reports coming from the south end of the lake in the area of Green Island, Moultrie Field, Swan Basin, and Rat Island. We fished Moultrie Field last Saturday and had a very good day...the average size of the fish was in the pound bracket with four fish that weighed-in over two-pounds. Our fish came from six-foot of water in isolated stumpbeds that contained large clouds of baitfish. Sunday we moved to Rat Island and found the fish suspended in the flats out from Seven Tree Timber in 7-8 foot of water. The baits that worked the best on both days was minnows and jigs in the black/chartreuse color. Give us a call sometime...
Shooting drakes on the Quake Lake--Reelfoot Lake
Cypress Creek Outfitters-reelfootlakeduckhunting.com
Phil 4:13
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Re: Crappie Reports

Postby LawDawg » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:11 am

I created a sticky for bass and crappie reports. Brett, move your bass post over there if you don't mind. I don't think I can.
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:29 am

For what it's worth for the Starkville area guys- Bluff Lake should be hot this coming up next weekend...
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:11 am

thanks Lawdog
ILS

Postby ILS » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:38 am

How big of a boat do you need to fish the Tombigbee? I am new to the Birmingham area and interested in trying out some of the fishing spots nearby included the TBB.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:45 pm

You can fish it in a 40ft houseboat or a 1436 jon long as the wind don't beat you to death. I use to fish it in a 1436 all the time.

Reelfoot

Postby Reelfoot » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Reelfoot Lake...

The weather has been playing heck with us lately. The water temp is in the 50's and water color is good. Most of the good fish have been coming from the 6-10' water...when you can get on it because of the rain. Going to fish the far north end tomorrow since the refuge is open now. Looking for some of those big specs.

Later,
R84
Shooting drakes on the Quake Lake--Reelfoot Lake
Cypress Creek Outfitters-reelfootlakeduckhunting.com
Phil 4:13
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Gonna try to get a report on Grenada this weekend. We're fishing Fri-Sun. Hopefully we'll catch em trollin but I've been given specific instructions to bring my waders.
rebelduckaholic
Duck South Addict

Postby rebelduckaholic » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:47 am

Sardis has been tough fishing. Fished 4 afternoons, mainly after work and have only caught a couple. The water still seems abnormally cold for this time of year. I went wading and it feels way closer to 50 than 60. Talked to a friend and he said the temps he found in his boat were 51-54 range. I have to believe him. Maybe a better report next week.
Work is for a man who can't fish
woundedduck
Duck South Addict

Postby woundedduck » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:24 pm

caught 24 today off of the rocks by pelican cove. saw all of the yo's doing it so i went out there. damned if i didnt have 24 in an hour. only left because supper was ready. sliding cork that stops at 3 foot and a black jig. no minnows needed. they are still fishing out there right now!
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Biting decent in the outside trees on Washington. Be prepared to play bumper boats.

Wolf/Broad is getting there, I think another 7 to 10 days till its right assuming the MS doesn't cause water to jump up before then.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Bee Lake-Wednesday March 24th Report
I did some wade fishing for crappie inside the cypress tree line. Cottonmouths were out sunning on every other brush top. A 10' gator slid off the bank not more than 30 yards from me. I was so spooked after that I couldn't enjoy the day. Ended up with 14 crappie all of which were males. Most were caught in knee deep to waist deep water.
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)

Return to “Fishin' South Forum”