P'cola July 4th trip

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
matador1
Duck South Addict

P'cola July 4th trip

Postby matador1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:34 am

Bought a 21 foot center console this year and made myself a promise to use it and so far we've had a blast. Started the year off in Orange Beach over Memorial Day with nominal success. Our yearly trip is over the week of July 4th to Portofino Island outside of P'cola and it was great. I set out with the goal of learning the area and learning more about saltwater fishing. I've been a lot but always with a guide and you just don't learn it till you do it yourself. We fished 4 days and caught fish all but one. The first day we killed the Kings and caught a good many snapper. Highlight of the trip was my 10yo catching a nice Jack Crevelle. Fought him for 2o minutes and we were 1/2 mile from the hookup when he finally landed him. Great trip for sure.

Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Re: P'cola July 4th trip

Postby msudawg8087 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:13 am

Now that's cool! Those are memories he'll keep for a long time and sounds like there's many more to be made.

Only been salt water fishing one time. Fished the flats around Clearwater Florida with my Uncle and a guide he used. Not the best of trips but we caught a few speckled trout and a snook. Highlight of the trip was waiting to pull the boat into the marina (boat traffic), I decided to just cast out for the heck of it. Hooked into a 5 or 6 lb jack crevelle and it circled the boat twice haha. Never got more than about 15 yds from the boat but still took about 20 min to get him in. Fun fight!
SHERMANATOR

Return to “General Discussion Forum”