Catfishing

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
bigdecoy
Regular

Catfishing

Postby bigdecoy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:37 pm

I recently purchased a boat to take my grandson fishing on the Ross Barnett Res.. We would like to try catfishing but have no knowledge of the area . I would appreciate any info on location,bait,depth etc, etc.
Thanks, bigdecoy
matador1
Duck South Addict

Re: Catfishing

Postby matador1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:15 am

It's pretty easy to figure out for catfish actually. My son and I fish with "jugs" a good bit with a lot of success. Main part of rez fish north of Lost Rabbit on Madison side. All of those flats along the Trace are good. From there, you can pretty much find them anywhere there are flats early and then fish the breaks around channels as it heats up.
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
bigdecoy
Regular

Re: Catfishing-jugging

Postby bigdecoy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:56 pm

I have caught some cats at the Rez, using advise from this site. Sat. July 16 a.m. ,my son and I tried the same areas 8 -13 ft with no luck.I did not try deep water because my lines were to short. With the hot temp. has anyone had any luck jugging real deep water ? Want's y'alls advice.
Thanks again,
matador1
Duck South Addict

Re: Catfishing

Postby matador1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:09 am

Went yesterday after the rain and for the first time ever got skunked. Probably a bit my fault, wasn't into and didn't fish long but still the first goose egg ever. Had a hard time finding any shad with the net too.
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net

Return to “General Discussion Forum”