grabbin..

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

grabbin..

Postby ScottyLee » Tue May 21, 2013 12:17 pm

went this past saturday, water was freezin cold, caught a couple good ones. blues. checked 27 holes and only 3 felt like there has been a fish in there to clean them out. late spring time seems to have them a little behind compared to last year.

what you boys finding out?
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Re: grabbin..

Postby Blake Williamson » Tue May 21, 2013 12:40 pm

We going this weekend and see what we can find.
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
quackerkiller
Veteran

Postby quackerkiller » Tue May 21, 2013 12:53 pm

My buddy caught a 40 lb flathead two days ago on chicken liver and a rod/reel..... They caught about 10 between 5 and 10 lbs..... I would think they were feeding up prior to bedding???? I wish I had some boxes to check this year..... Sho gonna hate to hear y'all catchin good fish... Haha
Brandon Thornton

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.... A guns only enemies, are Obama and rust....."
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Mon May 27, 2013 11:47 pm

water was significantly warmer this week. caught more fish as well, just no big ones. caught 15 or so, all blues and a pair of channel cats, this week we checked about 40 holes. Only second time ever that i've caught channels. no flatheads yet. but it's coming! plan on getting after them again in a few days!
Warren
Duck South Addict

Postby Warren » Wed May 29, 2013 11:59 am

We have caught 18 and 32 the last two weekends. All have been blues.
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:11 pm

starting to really heat up!!! talked to several buddies that are all over the state and hearing lots of consistent results. we did pretty well today, caught several really good fish and did well on the flathead's. absolutely love feeling that bite! hope you boys are wearin them out as well!

until next weekend....
Warren
Duck South Addict

Postby Warren » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:22 am

I didn't get to go this weekend, but I did see some big flats taking out. Hope to get back at it next weekend.
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:44 pm

if you boys are waiting on it to get hot. you better go.. we caught 23 flatheads this week, for a total of about 850 pounds; guess i'm starting to get soft, but i let all but 8 of them go, took a picture when i could and threw them back. best couple days ever for myself, caught my 2 personal bests...a 55 and then another right at 70. got to introduce a couple other guys to the sport as well as spend some time with family this week. i'll go once more and call it quits for the season..

Return to “General Discussion Forum”