Anyone fished Chicot???

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Anyone fished Chicot???

Postby dukluk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Got some friends coming to bass and crappie fish, and don't want the hassle of trying to fish Lake Washington....too dad gum many OOS idiots who think they own that lake....and, the river has the oxbows screwed up, right now.
Anyone know where to fish in Chicot???....thanks
southdeltan
Veteran

Re: Anyone fished Chicot???

Postby southdeltan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:33 pm

The folks at Chicot say the same thing about OOSers. It's funny, you can go across the bridge and there are MS ppl hauling boats to Chicot passing AR folks hauling boats to Lake Washington.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Thanks for your "input".

Anyone have any "useful" advice???....thank you.
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:36 am

Here's some useful advice. Spring time crappie fishing on public water has gotten damn near as frustrating as public duck hunting, and like duck hunting the locals are starting to get tight lipped about their honey holes. So, the best thing you and your buddies can do is load up your gear, wet a hook, and find out for yourselves. At the end of the day, what have you lost? A waisted day on the water fishing :roll:
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
sondance
Veteran

Postby sondance » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:57 pm

I have a place over there, typical oxbow type lake. Fish the drops until you find fish. The bass were starting to go shallow last week. They weren't on the bank but moving that way. Buddy filled up a cooler on 3-5 lb fish not on Chicot but the shoot off the river near Rowdy. We fished for catfish in yellow bayou and didn't do much but I saw some guys fishing for crappie catch a few. Once the spawn starts hit the cypress trees.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Sondance, you sir, are a gentleman, and I really appreciate the information....Chicot is a beautiful place, not only to fish, but just to enjoy the lake with family....I've got relatives who have a place over there, too, but they haven't had it very long....if you don't mind my asking, which side of the lake is your place located???....highway side or island side???
Nitro Mag
Veteran

Postby Nitro Mag » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:31 am

There have been some monster bass caught in the last few weeks on chicot. I haven't been but from reports I have been getting the bass are biting. I have not heard any crappie reports.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”