Wade fishing in Biloxi

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Wade fishing in Biloxi

Postby duramax » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 am

I have a business trip the third week in March for about 3 days (19th-21st). I'll be busy every day but I was hoping to maybe sneak out early a morning or two and try and catch a couple trout, reds, or whatever will bite for the one or two hours I may fish. If any folks that wade fish in that area want to give me a couple spots to look at, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm from Memphis, so I'll only be stealing your spot for one or two mornings. You can PM or email me if you'd prefer. I'd love to throw a fly, but I'm sure I'll probably be pushing my luck trying to have any success in such a short window, so I'll just bring a casting rod.

Edit:

Pics and story from trip at bottom
Last edited by duramax on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
H20fowlkiller
Duck South Addict

Re: Wade fishing around Biloxi in late March

Postby H20fowlkiller » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:43 am

no water no fish. Just messing, not the side of the coast I usually fish but ill throw out what I can, if your wading just look for piers or any structure and any kind of areas where water is draining out from inland areas. If the tide is slack and no movement look for a harbor where structures or jetties can create a current hope this helps
D1
Duck South Addict

Postby D1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:03 pm

get with me when you get down here I may be able to get a day or two off then and go with you.........if not Ill tell you where to go from your sleeping place.
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:11 pm

Support the Fair Tax!

Johnboy114
Veteran

Postby Johnboy114 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:09 pm

i can put you on a few reds and trout at night under the lights from our dock...send me a pm
Galatians 2:20

Its a rat race down here, the only problem is that the rats are going to win!
Dux Be Us
Duck South Addict

Postby Dux Be Us » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Wade fishing sux this time of year. Sheepshead will gather along piers, moorings and oyster bars to eat the barnicles. Live shrimp will work best but a dead shrimp will work too. Trout and drum will be deep and slow. Try walking a pier and verticle jig a live shrimp off the bottom :wink:
" You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:06 pm

I made it out one night this week while down in Biloxi working. Only fished for Monday night for about 2 hours with a guy I know who is stationed at the Air Force base. He's actually a guide out of around New Orleans http://www.southernsaltcharters.com/ his name is Chris Bush if anyone is interested in going sight fishing for redfish south of NOLA for a very reasonable price. He really knows his stuff.

He just took me wade fishing one night after dinner for a couple hours and we did pretty well. He caught 4 specks right off the bat using a MirrOdine (sp?) and I switched to a Matrix shad with a jig and popped 2 nice specks. One was about 4 -5 lbs. After that I hooked something that started pulling line and new immediately it wasn't a speck. It turned out to be a 10lb redfish. Quite a bit more fun to catch than a speckled trout (fight wise anyhow). I hooked one more trout before we called it quits. We cleaned the fish and put them in bags for my fridge in the hotel. I'm making blackened redfish for dinner tonight. I'm pretty pumped.

I was hoping to fly fish, but it was blowing at about 15 mph and we were wading in stomach deep water, so casting distance wouldn't have been great.

Support the Fair Tax!

legends of the lower mars
Duck South Sponsor

Postby legends of the lower mars » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:00 pm

I know Chris and he is a stand up guy as you stated! He is a h$ll of a fisherman... I fished quite a few tournaments against him and he definately brings competition to the table! Excellent Redfisherman for sure!

And, I bet I know exactly where y'all were fishing! :wink: :wink: :wink:
WHO DAT!

TOURNAMENT REDFISHING TEAM

A man may have many dogs in his life, but, a "True Legend" comes only once...

NOTICE! USERNAME SHOULD READ---"Legends of the Lower Marsh"
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Good job! It is a shame that more of us don't take greater advantage of one of the best fisheries in the world right at our backdoor. I bet there are a lot of dudes in Iowa that would prefer to be a three hour drive or less from such good fishing.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”