Barrier Islands

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Barrier Islands

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Any of you guys ever fish Horn, Ship or Cat Island? You guys ever take the family out to enjoy better MS beaches and get some fishing in too?
Dux Be Us
Duck South Addict

Re: Barrier Islands

Postby Dux Be Us » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:57 pm

I have fished all of the areas mentioned...we used ta ride the ferry boat to Ship Island. Take a bucket of live pinfish, a few live shrimp, and some spf 15....fish the end of the pier or wade. Bull reds, flounder, and cobia will use the pier for shade :wink:
" You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
D1
Duck South Addict

Postby D1 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:35 pm

yep all the above.... ditto what DUX said!!!
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
@work
Veteran

Postby @work » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:18 pm

Not much beach area at Cat Island for the family to enjoy. Ship Island has the best beaches...never been to Horn but I think it has some decent beaches. Good thing about Ship is that it has "facilities" for the family and the fort if they get bored with the beach. Fishing should improve at all as the water warms...although some people had been catching some good bull reds at Horn over the last 1-2 months.
the tree
Veteran

Postby the tree » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:33 am

Let your children enjoy a pretty spring day on any of these islands and they'll never forget.
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:03 am

I've been to Ship, but never to Horn. I know there is a ferry to Ship, does anyone know of a charter/private boat to Horn? I've been wanting to do some camping out there for a while, but haven't looked into the logistics much.
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
Dux Be Us
Duck South Addict

Postby Dux Be Us » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:25 am

Back in the day there was a fella that would drop you and your gear at Horn then pick you back up at a pre determined time...he was running out of the Biloxi small craft harbor....sorry I don't remember his name....Check with Captain Ron, nice guy :wink:
" You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Johnboy114
Veteran

Postby Johnboy114 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:23 am

have grown up on these islands. next to the turkey woods in Claiborne county, I don't know of another place I'd rather be. we try and go every weekend we can to horn. fishing is always good, just different throughout the year. haven't done the ferry to ship in a long time but it is worth the money. great memories are made at the islands.
Galatians 2:20

Its a rat race down here, the only problem is that the rats are going to win!
redneck22ms
Veteran

Postby redneck22ms » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:05 pm

the only charter i know of that will drop you off for an overnighter is primofish.com but its pretty expensive. basically you are paying for 2 days chartered
shoot them in the face they may be wearing body armor lol
redneck22ms
Veteran

Postby redneck22ms » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:09 pm

and ship horn and petit boy island all have nice beaches
shoot them in the face they may be wearing body armor lol
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:14 am

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
msudog4

Postby msudog4 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:17 pm

This post is a little late but you may get Captain Dustin Trochesett of Silver Dollar to bring you out there. They have one smaller boat. you can reach them at 8-388-2209. They are good people with three boats. Three generation family of Charter Boat Captains. Tell them that Jimmy Campbell sent you to them. We grew up next door to each other.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”