venice Report

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

venice Report

Postby jdbuckshot » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:20 am

Headed down Friday morning to fish for a few days, staying in the trailers at the marina.

any reports? can you get live shrimp ?
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
blgros1
Duck South Addict

Re: venice Report

Postby blgros1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:34 am

live shrimp should not be a problem other than they are running between 35-40 cents a piece. plenty trout around the empire area. Go offshore, we fished an over nighter this past weekend. We were out of grand isle, ran south west to the Canyon and caught 18 yellowfin in 3 hours then deep water dropped and caught 10 snapper, all over 20 lbs. took first place in swollfest with a 29 lbs snapper. would have won The Star but guy wasn't registered. all tuna were around 65-70 lbs. buddys fished east at Mars and caught 8 yellowfin, around 75 lbs and caught some grouper a little closer in, one warsaw that went 99 lbs. fishing is hot right now!!!!!! good luck
"I don't know what it is bout this time of year, don't know if my lip is to short or my toof is to long, but poooooo my lips is chap chap" poo poo brousard
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:14 pm

going to be hard to go offshore in a 17 1/2 ' Triton bass boat.

we are sticking to marsh.
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:34 pm

blgros....who did you fish with? I haven't been offshore now for about 3 years and I'm wanting to make a trip when I get home...
Barq's
Deadeye
Duck South Addict

Postby Deadeye » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:41 am

JD, How did yall do in Venice? I was there Sat-Sun with some buddies. We hammered the bulls on Saturday and could buy a fish yesterday. Reports were alot of trout being caught around Breton, we ddn't get a bite there.

Dead
I ain't a veternarian, but I know a horses booty when I see one!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”