To fertilize or not

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
pondman
Duck South Addict

To fertilize or not

Postby pondman » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:03 am

All,

I have a few bags of triple 13 and 0-20-20 left from planting plots in mid-October. My question is this, do I need to want for a rain to hit by plots again? I know if I did it when it was hot and dry it would likely burn them up, but with it cooler and wet would the same thing happen. I want to sweeten them up a bit before the season ends.

Thanks,

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
SB
Duck South Addict

Re: To fertilize or not

Postby SB » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:53 pm

I would lean towards not doing it, but if you wanted to see if helps or not, fertilize a portion of a couple of plots and leave an adjacent portion untreated. See if you can detect a vegetative or deer use response. We generally hit our clover very late winter/early spring with 0-20-20. Use the 13-13-13 on the cereal grains like wheat and oats. If you put the fertilizer out, take pics and report back. Would like to hear out it goes.
Scott Baker
pondman
Duck South Addict

Re: To fertilize or not

Postby pondman » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Scott,

Thank you for the response. I am going to hit a select couple and see what happens. I only have a few bags of each and dad is not crazy about storing it. If I get anything close to an interesting result. I'll let you know.

On a different note, I hope life is good. Let's get together for lunch sometime and you can tell me grand stories of how to kill ducks.

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner

Return to “General Discussion Forum”