Granular 2 4d Amine

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
tupe
Veteran
Location: MS/LA/IL/WI/ND and anywhere else I can get to. Born in MS.

Granular 2 4d Amine

Postby tupe » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:50 pm

Have any of yall tried using a granular 2 4d on land rather than a liquid spray?

I have used it on aquatics and the time release and residual aspect of it worked well.

Got to thinking about it and looked at several lawn granular formulas main active ingredient is 2 4d.

Probably gonna test it in some spots this year. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

thanks
DanP
Duck South Addict

Re: Granular 2 4d Amine

Postby DanP » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:43 am

A lot of the aquatic 2,4-D is of ester formulation which would be more prone to volatization than amine formulations so I'm sure you would loose product. Plus it works primarily through foliar activity so I'm not sure how much contact you would get if broadcast. Also it's much, much, more expensive than liquid and the aquatic 2,4-D I use is not labeled for terrestrial use.
tupe
Veteran

Postby tupe » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Thanks for the input. I knew the cost was much higher. Like I said, I noticed a lot of the consumer lawn weed products had 2 4d so I was wondering if there was an equivalent product for larger application.

I have some areas that stay soft that I can broadcast using a blower rig set up on a 4 wheeler that I cant really get a tractor into. Usually by the time it dries out enough we are well past application dates for 2,4d. So I was hoping for a work around.

Appreciate the insight.
willowbrake
Regular

Postby willowbrake » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:55 am

Not trying to steal a thread here but, is the aquatic 2-4-D called Rodeo? Also would this be useful in killing willows in standing water?
ShadowBrake of Bracken Fen - Black
CainBrake of Bracken Fen - Fox Red
WillowBrake of Bracken Fen - Black
ThistleBrake of Bracken fen - Yellow
StarBrakeof Bracken Fen - Black
Tedl10
Duck South Addict

Postby Tedl10 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Cash's Loaded Gun - Case

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after. It's a reckonin" - Doc Holliday

Ted Lloyd, Jr.
tupe
Veteran

Postby tupe » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:47 pm

The aquatic 2 4d I have used in the past was Navigate. We used it primarily to clear out sub aquatic plants around a boat dock where we fish. Coon tail was our main issue but we did not want to kill it all because the gadwall love it.

Broadcast it around the dock and it did a good job for us with pretty decent residual control.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”