Switchgrass

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
wildturkey
Regular

Re: Switchgrass

Postby wildturkey » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:59 am

Some guys from stoneville have been coming out to my fil place for about 5 years testing various herbicides on kudzu. There is an area of about 2 acres that they sprayed 2 years ago that still has no kudzu growing on it. Its expensive at $100/quart but worth it if it can controll the kudzu. I found this information below I think i will go ahead and spray it in some spots and see what happens.

Milestone
Active ingredient: aminopyralid
•Provides long-lasting control of unwanted weeds, including noxious and invasive species, vines and brush
•Flexible formulation allows for use in a variety of applications
•Tank-mixing Milestone improves control of conifers, brush and hardwood species
•Labeled for use in basal bark treatments
•Soil residual for season-long control
•Wide application window
•Can be sprayed up to the water’s edge
•Reviewed and registered under the Reduced Risk Pesticide Initiative of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
•Low use rate compared to labeled use rates for many currently registered herbicides
•Labeled for use on most cool- and warm-season perennial grasses
•Controls annual, biennial and perennial weeds including bull thistle, Canada thistle, common ragweed, diffuse knapweed, fleabane, henbit, horseweed [marestail], kudzu, musk thistle, orange hawkweed, oxeye daisy, plumeless thistle, Russian knapweed, scotch thistle, sowthistle, spotted knapweed, sulphur cinquefoil, yellow starthistle

Weeds controlled by Milestone® herbicide + Accord XRTII or Milestone herbicide + Journey/ Plateau Herbicide programs:
bedstraws chickweed dandelion henbit mugwort Spanish needles
beggarticks chicory dayflower honeysuckle microstegium spurge (suppression)
beggarweed clover species dichondra hop clover nightshades thistles; bi-annual, Canada
bitter sneezeweed cocklebur dock hop hornbeam copperleaf partridgepea vervain (Verbena species)
black medic common lespedeza fireweed horsenettle peppervine vetch
blackberry (suppression) common pokeweed Florida pusley horesweed (marestail) pigweeds violet
buttercup common purslane ground ivy ironweed purple deadnettle Virginia pepperweed
camphorweed common Venus lookingglass ground cherry knotweed ragweed wild garlic
Carolina false dandelion corn speedwell groundsel kudzu red sorrel wild lettuce
Carolina geranium cornflower hairy bittercress lambsquarters shepherdspurse wild onion
carpetweed croton, tropic hairy fleabane matchweed sida wild strawberries
catsear dandelion cudweed hemp dogbane mayweed smartweed
chamberbitter cutleaf evening primrose hemp sesbania mimosa vine sowthistle
“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.”
Winston Churchill

Return to “General Discussion Forum”