Glyphosate

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Re: Glyphosate

Postby MudHog » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:22 pm

I had found some wick boom plans and designs, but have since decided to just spot spray the clumps. Did a 1/3 acre section of the pasture and results are great. Now I just keep it mowed to prevent the bull grass from making seeds. Fortunately the bahiagrass seeds quicker than the bullgrass.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
munyoz70
Veteran

Postby munyoz70 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:01 am

no donia. This think was litterally a soft material with a tank and pump on a chasis that was litterally a 10-15ft paint roller. Like what you paint a wall with. That had bike looking wheels on each side from which you adjusted the height. You hooked it behind machine and drove it did the rest. I have search the web high and low and can not find it. Even called my buddy that has it in LA and still cant find one. But its not a home made rig.
"Man you don't see them ducks, hand me that gun"- T.K. and Mike
munyoz70
Veteran

Postby munyoz70 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:07 am

And then boom I found it. Guess I wasn't living right

http://www.weedproblems.com/index.php/p ... eed-wipers
"Man you don't see them ducks, hand me that gun"- T.K. and Mike
Northbigmuddy
Veteran

Postby Northbigmuddy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:15 am

http://www.weedproblems.com/

This is the one most of the folks I know have. They are the cats meow....if the shat has hit the fan. I looked into buying one until I realized the investment(not a cheap item) would only pay if my crops were filthy every year.

As far as the theory goes the rolling carpet is a superior design to the old wick setup. Fill this thing up with Gramoxone, a little water, and roll on
USA Back to Back World War Champs
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:13 am

ah, i see. those do look 1000x more effective than the pvc/rope wick setup was.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
cockandlock25
Veteran

Postby cockandlock25 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:23 pm

"What would we attempt to achieve if someone told us that we couldn't fail? Sometimes fear of failure is the only thing that stands in our way of success."
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:04 am

Anyone use the wick applicator? Spoke with Rogers Sales Company over in Lyons, MS and they have a kit to make your own wick applicator. I'm not looking to spend alot of money, because to me this is a one time use. Maybe a couple applications, but once the bullgrass is controlled, I may never use the applicator again.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
Northbigmuddy
Veteran

Postby Northbigmuddy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:22 am

You can make a wick bar pretty easy. You'll have to buy some PVC and the wick rope with fittings. It's just PVC glue and a drill for the bar. Any simple mount will work. I would say your cost will be in the ropes and associated fittings.

http://www.agrisupply.com/equipment-sup ... 200053.php

You could also call Ag Spray Equipment in Greenwood, MS. They may be able to help.
USA Back to Back World War Champs
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Got pricing on the GW units. All I can say is :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Only $2,950.00 for a 6ft pull type applicator. It does come with a 15 gallon tank, but still.

Going to order one of the wick bar kits and roll with that.

Member FLHC

Lane Romero

Return to “General Discussion Forum”