turkey chokes

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
edub20
Duck South Addict

Re: turkey chokes

Postby edub20 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 am

I invested in a Patternmaster long range ported choke for my 835. It patterns out pretty tight to 45-50yds.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
BBR12
Veteran

Postby BBR12 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:07 am

I have had good luck with Kick's GT. I use to have a A391 that shot a great pattern with the GT and
Winchester supreme 5's.
Have heard good things about jellyheads especially price wise but haven't shot one. You can call Kicks and tell them what shells you want to shoot and they will recomend which constriction.
HR Reid's Shasta Daisy

aka Choclabs
BR549
Duck South Addict

Postby BR549 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:00 am

I've played pretty extensively with most of em because at one point or another we've sold em all. As far as the best overall? Kinda hard to say there because sometimes it varies from gun to gun, even with the same exact model. Generally speaking the most versital we've found seems to be the Jellyhead with the exception of Remington guns. Remington's factory choke called the Ventilator is the damndest thing I've ever seen in a Remington. For the price vs the results I just don't believe you can go wrong with the Jellyhead for anything other than Remi's and the Ventilator for them.
Bonecollecter1111
Duck South Addict

Postby Bonecollecter1111 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:46 pm

I gotta Rhino in my Benelli, and the remington X full in my 870 turkey model, both work really well, i used the undertaker when i first started out in a regular 870 28" barrel, and it was really good to around 50 yrds.

best advise is get a x full in your price range, find out what your range is and don't exceed it till you can afford to play around with other chokes/load combo's

more often than not, if your gonna get a good shot it'll be inside a decent range, the rest of the time, you may be pushing the outter limits with the best setup out there, just my $.02
Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy. -Isaac Newton

The problem with communication is the illusion that it actually happened!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”