Good diaphragm call to get started with

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
quackstackmrm
Veteran

Re: Good diaphragm call to get started with

Postby quackstackmrm » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:53 am

i have blown primos youth mouthcalls all my life. like the little killer and the little diamond. they sound a lil sweeter and a he!! of a lot easier to blow. IMO
"In duck hunting, there are world champion duck callers
and world champion duck killers...I am a duck killer"
jbird22

Postby jbird22 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:46 am

Actually, Pittman makes the Little Diamond and Little Killer not Primos. I used to like the Little Diamond but the consistency of Pittman calls have not been up to snuff for a while.

Hooks are my personal favorites now. They are easy to blow and have turkey in every one I have tried. You definitly need to check them out. www.hookscalls.com

Woodhaven also makes good stuff. The Copperhead and Red Wasp sound great. I wish they made em in a smaller frame so I could run them.
Relentless
Veteran

Postby Relentless » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:51 am

I tried every call out there when I was trying... I couldn't make any of them sound good.

I bought a Woodhaven Sadler Mcgraw and I was of to the races...not that I sound great now, but I've called in a bunch of birds.

Remember this: I've been hunting and heard someone calling and thought I'm gonna ring this dudes neck after I call him in...he got up close and he was a hen...so bottomline is you don't have to be flawless to kill birds, calling competitions is another thing.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”