Anyone use the Ol' Tom time and motion vest?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Relentless
Veteran

Anyone use the Ol' Tom time and motion vest?

Postby Relentless » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:51 pm

Hey I'm a first time turkey poster....just wondering if anyone uses the Ol' Tom vests and what ya'll think of them, before I drop the cash on one jut wondering if it's worth it...If not whats your favorite Vest?
cupnglide
Veteran

Re: Anyone use the Ol' Tom time and motion vest?

Postby cupnglide » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:17 pm

I've had one since the first season they introduced it. No complaints. Comfortable, tons of storage, good seat. I like the magnetic pouches for slates and the elastic box call pocket. You may want to get the strap model. I have the full vest model. It gets hot later in the season.
Never assume.
Jumpem
Regular

Postby Jumpem » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:19 pm

I have the strap model and its a great vest but it has magnets all over it so it sucks if you carry a compass
gibbs300
Regular

Postby gibbs300 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:07 pm

I like the magnets on mine and it has a very nice and thick seat on it, but towards the end of the season when it starts getting hot, it has to much padding on it and that results in me getting to hot.
Relentless
Veteran

Postby Relentless » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:10 pm

yeah I'm leaning more and more towards the strap version of the vest rather than the full vest. I appreciate the help fellas.
mudweiser92887
Veteran

Postby mudweiser92887 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:05 pm

i have one and cant really complain...it could use for some more pockets...if i had to do it over again i would have bought the nwtf vest
Bloodshed Outdoors
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:11 pm

I have the strap model and I love it. I am a minimalist, 1 box, 1 slate with a couple strikers, a couple mouth calls and a crow and hooter. Throw in my gloves and mask but they come out when I leave the truck. Bottle of water too. As long as you don't carry massive amounts of stuff you'll be pleased.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”