barometric pressure

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deltaduk
Veteran

barometric pressure

Postby Deltaduk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:32 pm

hunted with guy this past monday, he truly believes that having a low barometric pressure has something to do with the birds being tight lipped . He was saying that from his experience , that when the BM pressure is below 30 that the birds just don't gobble much, and after seeing all the sign on his place we hunted , but heard nothing . I had to agree with him that day. There were tracks and dustings everywhere, but we could not strike up a bird. I have killed a couple of birds since I started hunting a few years ago, but I still consider myself a greenhorn at this turkey hunting. So for you experienced hunters on here, what is yall's take on this.
Hayes
Duck South Addict

Re: barometric pressure

Postby Hayes » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:28 pm

I can honestly say that in 16 years of turkey hunting I have never paid any attention to the Barometric Pressure. I know a lot of deer hunters live by it. I just have never been fortunate enough to pick and choose when I go based on the BP. So I have never paid any attention to it.
reservoirdawg
Regular

Postby reservoirdawg » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:43 pm

I have always paid attention to barometric pressure and definitely believe you will see/hear more wildlife/catch more fish when the pressure is higher. That said, I'm still going to hunt/fish regardless.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:05 pm

I always thought the common thought on fishing was that it was better as a low pressure system was moving in, so right before a storm as the pressure drops.

Dunno.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
reservoirdawg
Regular

Postby reservoirdawg » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:02 am

Heck, I don't either ha! Like I said I'm hunting or fishing regardless.
Deltaduk
Veteran

Postby Deltaduk » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:55 pm

Same here, I"ll be in Choctaw county Friday afternoon, regardless of what the BM is . Was just curious what other guys thoughts were on the BM

Return to “General Discussion Forum”