Grand Slam

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
SNEAKER
Veteran

Grand Slam

Postby SNEAKER » Fri May 22, 2015 9:01 am

Well, I was going for the single season slam this year. Since I didn't kill in Florida, that quest was over fairly quickly. However, I was still chasing the lifelong slam.

We went to South Dakota last weekend, and all I lacked before this season was the Merriam's. We had some pretty bad weather up there with the rain, wind, and cold. We were able to tag out though. By some miracle, the first Merriam's I killed was a double beard. I couldn't believe how lucky I was. This also completed my double beard slam, since I had already killed double beards for the other 3 species. I can't wait to get him up next to the other 3. I'm also gonna re-do my Rio to match the others.

msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Re: Grand Slam

Postby msudawg8087 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:07 pm

A double beard slam is unreal. Congrats on the accomplishments and great birds!
SHERMANATOR
chopper30
Duck South Addict

Postby chopper30 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:04 am

I was pretty proud of my single season slam when i returned to camp that night only to be outdone by my partner and his double beard slam. Congrats again buddy!
arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Postby arduckslayer » Tue May 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Congrats, that's pretty cool. I've got double beards on all but the Osceola. I'll probably never get that one though because as it stands, I don't have any plans to return to Florida to kill another one.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”