New Turkey Vest

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Jeff
Duck South Addict

New Turkey Vest

Postby Jeff » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:05 am

Well after about 20 years I think it's finally time to retire my turkey vest. When looking for a new one I am considering something that allows you to sit without a tree. Cabela's makes a "kick stand" vest that seems nice with no tree but when using against a tree I could see it making it more difficult to move around the tree and could also add some bulk to the vest when squeezing through thicker woods in S. Louisiana./S. MS.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences?
khines2
Regular

Re: New Turkey Vest

Postby khines2 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:15 am

Jeff, I bought the Cabelas vest with the kickstand recently and so far I really like it. Like just about all things Cabelas it is well made. The vest is extremely comfortable when using the stand and I even used it leaning up against a tree with exposed roots and made it comfortable because of an even surface to lean against. Its not intended to be used with a tree, but it still worked nicely. I wasn't too sure about having the frame when I bought it, but decided to go ahead and do it for $20 more because i liked the vest anyways and the frame can be removed if I didn't like it. Hope this helps.
Gunslinger
Veteran

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:39 pm

Tenzing makes one. I bought a Tenzing from camofire a few weeks ago at a good price. Seems well made and pretty comfortable, but it's not the model with the kickstand. Mine has a great pocket layout compared to most vests, I just don't need them all.
SNEAKER
Veteran

Postby SNEAKER » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:11 pm

I have the RedHead lounger and love it. I originally bought it for hunting in Texas, but now use it everyday. I'm small and it works great for me, but probably doesn't work as good for bigger guys.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”