Texas outfitter?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
ducksak
Veteran

Texas outfitter?

Postby ducksak » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:14 pm

We are looking to try a hunt in Texas this year. We have made a hunt in Kansas for 5 years now. Just looking for some new scenery. Do any of you guys have a lead on an outfitter or a ranch that does hunts? There are several on the net but its hard to know who is a trustworthy service. Any info would be appreciated.
Law Duck
Veteran

Re: Texas outfitter?

Postby Law Duck » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:13 pm

Do you mind sharing who you hunted with in Kansas?
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:40 am

If like to know too. I have been thinking about taking my daughter on a hunt.
Peewee
quackerkiller
Veteran

Postby quackerkiller » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:33 am

I have been looking for a Texas turkey hunt myself.... I'm working down here and have found them as cheap as $500 for a 3 day 2 night hunt with two turkeys.... The place is in George West, TX..... I was gonna go but my schedule is being swapped around and I have to see what my days off are going to be now....
Brandon Thornton

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.... A guns only enemies, are Obama and rust....."
Alex
Veteran

Postby Alex » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:29 am

I have been with the following and have had good hunts with each:

B and B Outfitters-more rustic camping and more intensely semi guided (they knew exactly where the birds were and put you out there)

West Kerr Ranch-nicer lodging and more of a traditional semi guided (they put you in an area to hunt where they knew there were birds but didn't point you exactly to them)

Each of these places had plenty of turkeys and very different terrain. The ranch we hunted with B and B didn't have a tree taller than 15 feet but there were still plenty of turkeys. That was probably my favorite Texas Ranch I have hunted. Bucky the owner was a really cool guy and the camp was something out of the Wild West "Tombstone" days.

I am going with South Texas Hunting Outfitters this year.I will be there April 10-12.

You can find all of these with Google.

When I hunted in Kansas I went with Innovative Outfitters but found there were more cooperative birds on the public land in the area and killed both of my birds on the public walk in hunting areas. We went later in the season and the private land birds had been hunted harder than the public land birds.

Good luck on your trip.
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:42 pm

http://falunfeathers.com/ Kansas....Kelly Blomberg is a top notch guy...and they have plenty of turkeys
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated

Return to “General Discussion Forum”