Heirloom Set from Mr. E.

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Heirloom Set from Mr. E.

Postby LawDawg » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 pm

I guess it all started over 2 years ago when I talked to Mr. E about an two call set for me and my son. Then my wife got pregnant with number two and I told him to hold off because it might be a 3 call set if the new kid was a boy. When we found out it was another boy, I knew that I wanted to get a three call set for me and them to use one day. Mr. E didn't know what he was getting into when I told him I would provide the wood, but he has delivered with 3 of the prettiest boxes I've seen. the paddles came from a piece of olive wood from the Holy Land and the boxes came from a seriously burly piece of walnut I picked up several years ago.

I couldn't be happier with the result and they sound fantastic. Thanks for all your work, Mr. E. I know working with burl isn't fun.

"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
lilham
Veteran

Re: Heirloom Set from Mr. E.

Postby lilham » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:18 pm

Beautiful. I need to get Mr E to build me one.
"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson
cupnglide
Veteran

Postby cupnglide » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Wow!! Those look incredible. Mr. E makes a terrific call. Great backstory with those.
Never assume.
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:32 pm

those are awesome. that right there is what i want Mr. E! :mrgreen:
Jake St. John
Veteran

Postby Jake St. John » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Ben Lee on Turkey Hunting ---- "It's a disease, your going to do it till you die"
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Might do 2. I haven't decided yet. Will let u know when I get closer to the top of list! Those are beautiful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion Forum”