Double Gobble #1

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Jake St. John
Veteran

Double Gobble #1

Postby Jake St. John » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:28 pm

The
Double Gobble

A little over a month ago Denny Emery asked if I would make him a twin gobbler box. I said sure - we will call the new box - The Double Gobble. So this new idea for me was put into one of my Stribling style boxes. I can and often do put a gobbler on one side or the other in my Stribling boxes. May not be the first out there, but this new double side gobbler yelping box is an all around Spring and Fall box.

In the fall it has that year and half gobbler yelp on the right side. A wonderful call for busting up that young all gobbler flock with about 5 or 6 inch beards. They tend to start off their yelp with a little high pitch drawn out yelp that gets into a deeper rasp yelp with a little hollow sound to it. I have been very successful using this call in fall.

On the left side I put the old gobbler yelp. I have been using this call very effectively in Spring to make those dominant birds mad. I use it mixed in with yelps to get that old boy to move away from his hens. I have been putting this call on my boxes for 25 years. It is a deadly call for those old dominant birds in the Spring. In that many years of fall hunting on the Mississippi, I have not found much of anything that works old birds with any consistencey. Deep clucks on the gobbler side and patience at the bust up site is my best advise. This one has great deep gobbler clucks.

Just in time for your fall season Denny!

He is getting #1. #2 is spoken for, but I plan on having a few made up for Nashville if you would like to stroll by the Mississippi Callmakers Booth #14.

Thanks for the look,

Mr. E

Yup, miss spelled Denny on the box, but will fix before mailing Mon.

Ben Lee on Turkey Hunting ---- "It's a disease, your going to do it till you die"
jestridg
Veteran

Re: Double Gobble #1

Postby jestridg » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:32 pm

That's nice. #1 calls are special and hard to come by!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”