Slams??

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
JLT
Veteran

Re: Slams??

Postby JLT » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 am

I am working on a US slam and am about 1/3 of the way there. I have all of the traditionally hunted states out of the way and will start picking off the ones that nobody travels to. I have not had a bad trip since I started and I love seeing the country and meeting the folks along the way. Most interesting thing this year was hunting in Nebraska and vaccinating calves at a roundup on the ranch that we were hunting in return for getting to hunt. We were in the middle of the Pine Ridge NF, but a buddy that I was with had gotten permission to hunt the "Half Ass Ranch" the year before last when we were up there hunting SD, WY and MT, so we took full advantage. Another side note was that after all the neighbors got sauced after the roundup we got invites to hunt everything from Proghorn, turkeys and mule deer on other ranches if we want to go back. They specifically hate the pronghorns because they damage a lot of fences. I have gotten two traditional slams as a by product of the US Slam.
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:35 am

Talk to Parks. Its his hookup and he is probably looking for a good excuse to go back. I would say to take ear plugs for Buck because the lady that we hunt with can cuss a blue streak, but I'm sure his ears are conditioned;). She made us blush more than once!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”