GOT IT DONE

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

GOT IT DONE

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:54 am

Ol Buck is not much on the afternoon hunt. I tell him all the time if we can get one alone, and get him to gobble it is almost a sure thing. We got up Saturday and chased the spawn of the devil that we have been chasing all year....and he screwed us again. Around lunch I talked him into getting in the truck and checking some fields just to see what we could find. Low and behold we found a lone jake just doin his thing strutting all alone. We slid into a pine thicket next to the field and I cut at him real hard and he hammered....a plane flew over and he hammered, a truck drove by and he hammered....not a jake gobble but a big boy gobble. I clucked and purred and Buck said he could hear him drumming, ol dad aint never been able to hear it...I clucked again real loud and he ran in from the pasture. I told Buck to shoot him when you can. 30 yards and a 3.5 hevi #6 put him down for the count.

Full Fan, 5.5 inch beard, and jake spurs......not a trophy, but it was to dad and buck.

We leave for Kansas with Double R Thursday lets hope we jelly head some there too
Attachments
feb 2013 018.jpg
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: GOT IT DONE

Postby teul2 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:03 am

Outstanding!
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:16 am

Awesome, if it is a trophy to y'all that is all that matters.
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:34 am

atta boy buck!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”