I would be willing

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

I would be willing

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:03 am

To receive a bicycle kick from everyone on this forum in exchange for the opporunity to be in the woods this morning (with a gun, not surveying equipment).

Bicycle kicks hurt, I imagine.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Re: I would be willing

Postby arduckslayer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:17 am

I woulda dang sure liked to have been in the woods this morning too. I'll just have to settle for tomorrow like the most everybody else.
WilM88
Veteran

Postby WilM88 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:59 am

Would've been a gobblin morning.. I'm sure they will be fired up all day.. May go sit this aftenoon. But you can guarantee i'll be there in the morning. Should be just as good. Lots of hens seperating and staking out their nesting areas.. Gobblers are fixing to be left lonley
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:23 am

They were. Had one gobble every 10-15 seconds for twenty minutes on the roost this morning. He was dead at 6:47. First one of the year!!
work hard, play hard
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:26 am

I will be in the woods by 11:00.

One day when I'm president it will be a federal offense to require work -or responsibility in general- on mornings like this.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:34 am

11:00 will be the time. It was 38 degrees, foggy and humid at daylight. I heard two gobblers gobble two times each, and neither sounded very enthusiastic. I think that when the sun comes up and the day warms, the turkeys will speak. That is my positive thinking, anyway.
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:34 am

11:00 will be the time. It was 38 degrees, foggy and humid at daylight. I heard two gobblers gobble two times each, and neither sounded very enthusiastic. I think that when the sun comes up and the day warms, the turkeys will speak. That is my positive thinking, anyway.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:52 am

greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:52 am

SNEAKER
Veteran

Postby SNEAKER » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:54 am

I went this morning and was shocked. Heard 3 birds in different spots WAY away and they each only gobbled about 3 times. Blew my mind. I imagine mid morning will be good.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:23 am

I only had time to hunt for about 1 hour after sunrise. I got setup 20 min before daylight in a spot I had worked a bird on the opposite side of a treeline along a >100 acre field. Made a few soft clucks and had a gobble immediately.

At 6:40 had 2 jakes pitch down right in front of me. Dadgummit.

At 7:30 I ease through the treeline to look at the 100 acre field. That dadgum gobbler is out in the middle. The jakes had mosied off, so I got setup and started clucking at him pretty loud to let him know where she was. I saw that head pop up at 400 yards and knew he'd heard me. Started walking to me, gobbling his head off. I was behind a thick oak with my gun already in position. At 70 yards, he just stopped cold.

I waited. He waited.

Then he turned and took two slow steps the other direction. I clucked once. It's as if he said "Yep, that's what I thought." and he picked up the pace and steadily walked straight out into the middle of that forsaken field!

Now I'm at work not thinking of anything except that gobble that's still ringing in my ears.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
DUCK-HUNT
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCK-HUNT » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:50 am

One gobble one time and I didn't have a clue where it came from and he wasn't too far. I gave him an hour to say something else and he never did
Get em WET!............Their feet that is.
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 am

called up 10 (yes 10) jakes, one with a full freakin gobble and a 6 inch beard. Needless to say, I was PISSED.
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
swamprooter
Duck South Addict

Postby swamprooter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:17 am

nice ...very nice morning.. . he rolled it 6 times in a row...cant remember last time i heard that many in a string..crows were killing him. i didnt...walked by my decoy at 48steps.....he was following his ladies....no time to fight a jake....smart for him .......
"i aint a mindreader, i am just an elf" Silas Robertson
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:33 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”