Couple calls for St. Jude.

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
swamprooter
Duck South Addict

Couple calls for St. Jude.

Postby swamprooter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:57 am

A bowhunting site i frequent a lot ,raises over $100,000 each year for St. jude. Various members donate hunts and stuff for an online auction every memorial day. I donated several calls, archery BH and sorts to go with a turkey hunt at my buddies farm in NC. I have to go overseas and cant make it but but i surprised him with a cypress longbox for made from a block of cypress he gave me years ago. The mineral streak Poplar call is the longbox i donated to the "lucky" winner of the raffle. Just had time to finish the holsters. Tried a light brown antique on one.. it's growing on me... crafts are fun when the birds wont gobble!
Attachments
longbox st jude.jpg
longbox st jude.jpg (9.79 KiB) Viewed 554 times
"i aint a mindreader, i am just an elf" Silas Robertson
wildturkey
Regular

Re: Couple calls for St. Jude.

Postby wildturkey » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:50 am

Those are some fine looking calls.

I find that interesting about the St. Jude taking money from the bowhunting site. The Yazoo Bowhunters had a shoot to raise some money 2 years ago we were going to send it to St. Jude but they said no thanks. We sent it to Blair E Batson instead, they were happy to have it.
“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.”
Winston Churchill
swamprooter
Duck South Addict

Re: Couple calls for St. Jude.

Postby swamprooter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:56 am

interesting. the site i frequent is Tradgang.com.( you can log on to see all the past auctions)...we have given them over $700,000 in last half dozen years...I would be very interested to have a copy if your denial was in letter form? St. Judes is wonderful. They have been very gracious to Tradgang. thanks

here is Thank You from St Jude
Attachments
st jude copy.jpg
"i aint a mindreader, i am just an elf" Silas Robertson

Return to “General Discussion Forum”