Ol Tom Turkey Vest - A++

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Hole Hunter
Duck South Addict

Ol Tom Turkey Vest - A++

Postby Hole Hunter » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:13 pm

At some point last week while chasing the elusive long beard, I broke the plastic bucket that attaches one strap of the seat to the vest. The only thing I can figure is that I sat on a rock and it snapped the buckle in two.

Anyway, this entire week I have been on a wild goose chase trying to find a male end of a buckle that will replace the broken piece. In doing so, I have taken a hit to the manhood being that I have had to enter the sewing section of several retail stores. Let's just say that is not the man friendly zone. Almost as bad as getting stuck in the panty section and seeing someone you know... :lol:

I decided to call up Ol Tom today and see if they could just send me a replacement. The nice lady on the phone, they actually answer their own phones, stated that they do not have replacement parts on hand, but they would be happy to take a return on the vest and send me a new one. :shock: At that point I almost just felt bad for even asking, but she insisted that would be fine. She also suggested a few more options to continue my search, but if that did not pan out they would be happy to send me a new one.

Now I just had to share this long story with you guys, because that kind of customer service is rare these days and if you do not have an Ol Tom product they are worth the money and a pleasure deal with. Kudos to them, they deserve your business.

Y'all have a good day! 8)
WAR DAYUM EAGLE!!!

A True Sportsman shoots what he eats and eats what he shoots.
huntersmky
Duck South Addict

Re: Ol Tom Turkey Vest - A++

Postby huntersmky » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:29 pm

That's great to know considering I just spent $129 on a vest that ripped on my second hunt. Their products are crap
deerhunt1988
Regular

Postby deerhunt1988 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Hole Hunter
Duck South Addict

Postby Hole Hunter » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:55 pm

This is my second season with the Essentials Vest and other than the broken buckle (which was probably more my fault than theirs) I have not had a single issue. Call em up if you are displeased, but I am happy with the vest I purchased.
WAR DAYUM EAGLE!!!

A True Sportsman shoots what he eats and eats what he shoots.
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:15 pm

3rd season with mine and will be last, ripped and tore in numerous places. 3 plastic strap buckles broke last year, I have it tied in several places. Waiting for end of season sale and I will not purchase an Ol Tom. Glad you had a good experience.
campcreekfarm
Regular

Postby campcreekfarm » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:02 am

Pure crap. I wish I had known . I sure wouldnt want a new one but my money back. After one season mine looked like it had become a play toy for a tiger.
gobblejaws
Regular

Postby gobblejaws » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:12 am

I love mine. Got the essentials in it and the gun stock sling was a handy add on
In hunting there are world champion duck callers and world champion duck killers-
IM A DUCK KILLER
huntersmky
Duck South Addict

Postby huntersmky » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:45 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”