Osceola Turkey Hunting *Updated - Trip Photos*

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Re: Osceola Turkey Hunting *Updated - Trip Photos*

Postby Double R 2 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:24 pm

More photos of osceola gobblers

Is that a double beard?
Ramsey Russell's GetDucks.com® It's duck season somewhere. Full-service, full-time agency specializing in world-wide wingshooting and trophy bird hunts. Toll free 1-866-438-3897. Visit our website to view 100s of client testimonials, 1000s of photos.
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Postby Double R 2 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:29 pm

These last 2 photos were taken while touring a property I've been working on getting under wraps for 2 seasons. Am no closer now than then, except that I've now seen the property. And it haunts me. It's >10,000 acres and has NOT BEEN HUNTED IN FORTY YEARS! They've not heard gunfire in however many generation of turkeys 4 decades makes. Wondered how old some of the birds we saw were. I'd love to get our guide in and market under the name Juraissic Park.

Double bearded. At least.

This osceola strutter had 4 other longbeards limping around him and quiet as church mice. Reckon how long are those spurs?
Ramsey Russell's GetDucks.com® It's duck season somewhere. Full-service, full-time agency specializing in world-wide wingshooting and trophy bird hunts. Toll free 1-866-438-3897. Visit our website to view 100s of client testimonials, 1000s of photos.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:40 pm

man, looks like same type of country we hunted March 17-19...what county were you in? that's great photo work man!
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:03 pm

Ramsey is spot on.........these hunts are not cheap and will not get cheaper. Get on the internet look around everyone is in the same ball park price range. Sure you can go out west and kill 7 or 8 for the same money, but you can kill those birds in several states. The Osceola is in one state and in only 5 counties I believe.......so the bird commands and price. Plus most of these places have 100% success rates...........

I can tell you the cheaper hunts that are to be had are fields that border or are in the middle of public land, you may kill a turkey if he decides to come to the field that your 1000.00 dollar guide stuck you in.
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Postby Double R 2 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:44 pm

That's a pretty fair assesment Johnny Mc. Comparable hunts in the immediate area are $2500 3-day to $3500 per 2-day. It's insane. Like Pat says all the time - there's good, and there's cheap, but there's rarely good and cheap.

Our hunts are $2000 3-day (till 4 pm), single gobbler, "fully-guided", with lodging and personalized service. Dinner may be included next season, but it will be something simple and alomg the lines of smoked ribs or beef brisket and potatoe salad. There's plenty places to eat and drink, and unfortunately I missed "body paint night" at the local college watering hole.

We tried to find value price-point for a good operator and consistent producer. ONE client (a repeat guest) left without killimg, but passed on 2 younger toms and left a day early due to personal emergency.

As stated previously: if I can kill one, anyone can!
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Postby Double R 2 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:49 pm

jestridg
Veteran

Postby jestridg » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:35 pm

Reckon how long are those spurs?
[/quote]

1.5" + minimum..
kris Schaumburg
Veteran

Postby kris Schaumburg » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:44 am

nice pictures ramsey, you got any shots holding your bird up with his wings really hanging down?
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Postby Double R 2 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”