Being a husband and father

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Being a husband and father

Postby landscaper » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:11 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGE6Davndh0

A friend posted this link on Facebook yesterday and I thought it was worth sharing. As Christian men, husbands, and fathers we have so many obligations and responsibilities to our families (I love the verse in the song at 2 min 24 sec where it refers to it as a calling) I'm afraid that too many men aren't aware of them or just ignore them, and pretend that loving and providing for you family financially is all that it is about. Those are great places to start, but they just aren't enough! There is so much more to it than that! Today is as good a day as any for us to all get back in our Bibles and refresh our memories on our "calling"!
dukmisr2005
Duck South Addict

Re: Being a husband and father

Postby dukmisr2005 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:41 am

i think that is so true of men, and women for that matter, today... we get caught in trying to provide the newest and greatest "STUFF" to our families and kids; trying to keep up with the Jones' and latest trends... i know during our busy time of year, i seem to forget everything but working as it seems thats all i do during that time... and then when i do get time off from i work i dont want to do anything at all... kids today also seem to be so busy doing everything... my two kids take dancing and tennis, in 4-h stuff, and one is one the elementry dance team at her school... then both play ball in the summer... i guess being a guy and growing up on a farm, i never did most of that because i would rather drive a tractor and work on the farm because i wanted a fourwheeler or bow or a gun or go somewhere and i had to EARN my own money...

so yea i guess you could say i am a little burnt out on everything.... one thing i need is trip to camp to recharge my batteries and clear my mind...
~ Ric M.
Dulaney Seed Inc./AgVenture
877-974-7333

-- Its not the man but the message that keeps on going!! --
-- There is everywhere, but not everywhere is there...
quackheadbp

Postby quackheadbp » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:42 am

Very powerful messege in that song. Its makes you realize whats "really" important in your life. Too often do we as men think that just because we make plenty of money, or that we spend some time around the house or attend soccor, football, ballet then we are doing what we need to do to be a "good" husband and father. Truth is that we need to give them more of us than just being an extra shadow on the wall. I love to hunt and fish, but I have found that I dont enjoy myself as much when I know that my family wants or needs me at home. We as men need to take as much pride in our Christian faith and family leadership as we do in our hunting activities and other hobbies.
uncleC
Veteran

Postby uncleC » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Thanks for posting....I needed that bad.....
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:13 pm

"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
duck_nutt
Duck South Addict

Postby duck_nutt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 am

GOD is good....amazing song...I've been trying to pay it on my guitar, but I can't get thru it without breaking down right now....God knows what we need and when we need it...you have to just quit fighting it.

thanks for posting the song....
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 pm

yep, i have been listening to that for a while.......gotta get our priorities straight 'men'......it starts with us!
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Postby landscaper » Wed May 28, 2014 9:05 am

By accident I stumbled across this thread today and, after listening to the song again, realize that it was no accident. I didn't realize how in need I was of this reminder again. Father's day is in a couple weeks. Let's make that day about them for a change.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”