Proud and humbled daddy - just wanted to share

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Proud and humbled daddy - just wanted to share

Postby landscaper » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:51 am

There is a little girl in my 4 year old son's class at school who apparently has some difficulty keeping it together for 4 hours a day. She gets upset and cries pretty easily about a few things. He is really fond of her and when she gets upset he does too. He is terrified that he is going to cry at school and be embarrassed, and this has created a good deal of anxiety about going to school. We have spent several "school nights" talking about what he can do to cope with this. We have arrived at prayer. We pray for her each night (sometimes I do it, sometimes he does) that she will have a great day at school and enjoy her day and generally be a happy little girl, and that if she has a bad day, that he will be able to stay focused and not get upset himself. He has been incredibly excited each afternoon to run to tell me that our prayers have worked. He'll say, "Daddy, our prayers worked again! God answered our prayers!" This has happened each day for about three weeks until yesterday. She got upset and cried for a while. He sounded a little concerned when he said, "Daddy, our prayers didn't work today." I asked if he got upset too and he said that he almost did. I said, "Almost? What did you do to keep from crying too?" He said, "I prayed, Daddy. I prayed that she would be happy and that I would not get upset, too. And, then I prayed for you, Daddy. I prayed for you over and over until she and I both felt better, and it worked, Daddy!" The heart of this kid blows me away everyday. So thankful!
quackerkiller
Veteran

Re: Proud and humbled daddy - just wanted to share

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:30 am

Man that is great stuff!!!
Brandon Thornton

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.... A guns only enemies, are Obama and rust....."
Coach
Veteran

Postby Coach » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:37 am

excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D1
Duck South Addict

Postby D1 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:25 pm

GLORY!!!! love when a kid shows what Mom and Dad has taught them.
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:37 am

That is awesome..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Bourbon
Duck South Addict

Postby Bourbon » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:53 am

Great story and great job being a Christian father! Thanks for sharing!
GEAUX TIGERS

Return to “General Discussion Forum”