new camera pics

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

new camera pics

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:01 am

after a 10 year "breather" away from my rebel x, 400 ISO 35mm film, beta club convention contests and 1 hour film development, i finally got a digital camera a month ago. after researching hard and knowing the essentials of what i wanted (mainly portability- really really really portable), i was pleasantly surprised to see that best buy had the sony a6000's marked down for the newer models coming out, and so i pulled the trigger on the one with the 18-55mm kit lens. i also bought the sony 55-210 mm lens to get me started as a walk-around tele lens (hardly telephoto, i know).

please excuse the poor quality- several of the osprey photos are cropped pretty heavily and my lack of photography prowess is clearly evident with the lightning photo sharply focused in on...nothing. i wanted to share the cropped photo of the skeet to at least have something to brag about- my cynergy's superb pattern. i am still constantly playing around with manual mode and the other settings, and i already have well over 2000 photos. as of last count, i think seven of them were worth a damn. these new cameras have a lot more bells and whistles than when i lost interest years ago. (before ya know it, we'll be doing fly-by photography of Pluto or something :roll: ) I am having fun though. I am pumped for fall to come around. Hopefully some up close and personal encounters will happen for an opportunity for some good pictures to be made.

"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
ENG.HUNTER

Re: new camera pics

Postby ENG.HUNTER » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:20 am

Looks awesome! Keep them coming.
the tree
Veteran

Re: new camera pics

Postby the tree » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:03 am

nice!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”