Long exposures

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Long exposures

Postby teul2 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:48 pm

In an effort to revive the photo forum.....
For some reason I find myself really liking the Shutter Priority mode long exposure shots. Here are a few I have shot recently.
We were in the brown water at camp and I suddenly saw this shot. It was probably 1030 when I took this. You can see the ole pooch couldn't sit for the 30 second exposure so she ghosted.

A 10 or 15 second shot of closing day sunset.

A 3 or 5 second shot of the same sunset. It amazes me how much difference there is in a second or two in these.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
iron grip
Duck South Addict

Re: Long exposures

Postby iron grip » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:06 pm

Take a tripod with you to the blind?

I like long exposure shots too... esp running water. Just looks so...soft.

Thanks for sharing.
At times there is not a satisfactory substitute for well-aimed lead going down range at high velocity.
-Jim Rawles

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us!
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:23 pm

Those sunsets were at the BDDC. I had the tripod in the truck. The sky did some amazing stuff that day. These were from the iPhone.

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
the tree
Veteran

Postby the tree » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:37 am

Hope you print, frame and hang your camp photo. I always enjoy walking into a camp and looking at the "old" photos hanging on the wall. Sadly, it seems most photos are only viewed on phones or computer. Good stuff.
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Postby landscaper » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:52 am

Nice shots!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”