Any interest....

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Any interest....

Postby landscaper » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:55 pm

...in trying to get this place hopping again? New contest or something? Ideas? Too busy? Lost interest?
iron grip
Duck South Addict

Re: Any interest....

Postby iron grip » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:15 pm

I need to put a sticky note on the door going to my garage that says "camera". There are so many pics I can't get with my phone that I see all the time, but I haven't snapped a photo with my camera in ages. Rarely tke it anywhere. Gotta do better...
At times there is not a satisfactory substitute for well-aimed lead going down range at high velocity.
-Jim Rawles

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us!
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:32 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
bmanning3
Regular

Postby bmanning3 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:40 pm

I used to love looking through the photography corner when it was hoppin'. eapecially when rice had been to one of his model shoots.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:59 am

For those that leave their camera in their truck, what do you do to protect against the heat? I've often thought about leaving mine in my truck, but worry about the heat causing any problems.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Postby landscaper » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:58 am

Mine is either in a Pelican case or my waterproof camera bag that has enough padding to serve as a little insulation. Even when it is a bluemillion degrees in the truck in the summer my gear seems to stay at a reasonable temperature. Have never had any trouble. I wonder, too, though what, if anything, the heat could do to a camera and just how hot it would have to get to be a problem.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:59 am

"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
donia
Duck South Addict

Any interest....

Postby donia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:13 am

when we left the puck gps on the dash all summer the heat cycles eventually melted the cheap solder and sealer on the boards inside ($35 usb puck unit from china), which killed it. when testing ipad apps, in direct sunlight on the screen, and 98-99 degrees out, it didn't take but 10min or so on ipad2 and 15-20min on ipad3 to go into protective overheat mode (black screen w/msg)...didn't matter if the window was up or not...as long as it was in shade it was ok, unless doing really heavy processing and no ac running (redrawing raster images w/lots of vector data).
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”