Homemade hot sauce

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
tazdog
Veteran

Homemade hot sauce

Postby tazdog » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:05 am

Does anybody have any hot sauce recipes using fresh tomatoes and fresh peppers?
southernvaughan
Duck South Addict

Re: Homemade hot sauce

Postby southernvaughan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:25 am

I made some a couple years ago didn't really follow a recipe. Used peppers maters vinegar salt onion powder and garlic powder. Boil your peppers in vinegar till they get mushy. Meanwhile cut up a couple maters and get the peel off them. When the peppers are mushy put em in blender along with the vinegar and maters turn it all into liquid. Pour back in the pot and get it simmering to low boil start adding the salt ,it takes a good bit, and other spices till you get the flavor you want.
tazdog
Veteran

Postby tazdog » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Thanks that worked out pretty good
lilham
Veteran

Postby lilham » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:39 pm

Hot Fire Sauce
It is equal amounts of ketchup, vinegar, sugar, onions and peppers. I use some hot, bell and banana peppers. If you use all hot pepper it is too hot. I put some vinegar in my blender and add the quartered up onions to chop them up and same with the peppers or you can chop up by hand. Cook until its done and jar it up. You can do any amount. I get the 64 oz ketchup and measure from that and it makes about 12 pints.
"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Discussion Forum”