Photo Hosting uploads

This forum will contain important site announcements and policies. It is the duty of all members to keep current with these announcements and policies. Registration and participation in the forums implies acceptance of the terms and policies of the site.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Photo Hosting uploads

Postby Anatidae » Wed May 06, 2009 2:42 pm

I have successfully uploaded photos to a hosting site in the past. Every now and then, I will try to upload one and get a message - "unsuccessful - not a graphic image". I always make sure the tag has jpeg or jpg after it.

Any ideas why it won't accept the photo as a graphic image?

Here's a successful upload of http://www.refugepics.com/members/Anati ... %20005.jpg

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Re: Photo Hosting uploads

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:46 pm

It can't be over the maximum pixel size allowed, and it might only take .bmp, .gif pic endings.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Wed May 06, 2009 7:49 pm

It'll usually tell me when it exceeds the byte size.....I re-size everything to 660 x450. Even then, sometimes it exceeds the byte size.

It takes jpg files. It seems to be different if I load directly from camera chip to my pictures file on the computer. Then it seems to go through.....or it accepts that as a 'graphic image'.......whereas, if I 'copy' from chip to computer, it won't accept it.

There ought to be a way to view the file type for the photo and modify it if needed. Like I said , I don't know what it means by 'graphic image' and I can't get Refuge pics.com technical asses to respond. I'd like to put a photo tribute to Sprig on here, but I can't load any of this year's photos - real pisser.

Maybe when you come over here next weekend you can mess with my computer and figure-out what's going on.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:33 pm

I thought I would (after 6 months and finally discovering what the problem was) post the solution.

Problem: 'Was getting a message saying....."DSC00001 is not a graphic file". The Sony camera automatically 'tags' the file as a jpeg........but does so with the capital letters .JPG. The hosting site recognizes this format/syntax/whatever error.

Solution: go to the end of the photo file name and replace .JPG with .jpg (lower case) and it will correct the problem and should upload your photo (graphic file).

Return to “Site Announcements, Policies, and Technical Support”