this website login/registration feature SUCKS!

This forum will contain important site announcements and policies. It is the duty of all members to keep current with these announcements and policies. Registration and participation in the forums implies acceptance of the terms and policies of the site.
onemojet

this website login/registration feature SUCKS!

Postby onemojet » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:51 pm

My husband has been trying to get logged in for several days...using both email addresses and different user names/passwords. You can't change a password if you already have used that email address. Can't find a way to get into a profile unless you have a post to change an email or password. I am a webmaster for the Corps of Engineers and if we ran a website like this, we would be out of business. Is this what you are after?!? What are you thinking?!?
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Re: this website login/registration feature SUCKS!

Postby GulfCoast » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:10 pm

We are sorry that you had difficulty with the registration process. Glad you were able to log on. Interestingly enough, I registered under another name and had no problems, so the site seems to be working just fine.
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:16 pm

The admin created a new feature for the website. If a new member doesn't login and make a post within a certain amount of time, the account becomes inactive. Once it does, a moderator has to activate the account.

Also, when I have to reset an account due to password issues, the profile change makes the account inactive. I have to go back in and active it.

This feature was put in place because we were having a bunch of XXX bots and lurkers registering on the site.

What is the username that your husband created? If he's tried to change his password, then it will make the account inactive. Also, you are only allowed to use one email address per account. It it setup that way to stop people from having several usernames under one email address in an attempt to stir up crap, so to speak.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:34 pm

First off,I did not want to register on this crappy forum to begin with. I resistered a couple of years ago to advertise some puppies and only got smart-ass replies from the people on this site. I had to register again against my better judgement to get the application for the MSDucks Dog Challenge. I swear to God iwill never visit this place again if it hairlipd the world.

If you would like to discuss this further you know how to contact me.
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:52 pm

Hope you have a better time on what ever other website you choose to be participate in. :wink:
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:38 am

You better than I am GC...................

I would have told him this..................

You and your fat booty federal job workin wife can kiss our rebel azzes...........................

This is not a business so I do not think we will go out of business. Nobody wanted you Great Dane / Dalmation mix puppies when you posted em.....they were ugly......you know like people in your family.........and we could give a rats booty if you come to the chalenge or not.
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:40 pm

:lol:
Where'd who go?
Micah
Site Admin

Postby Micah » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:28 am

You can't make everyone happy. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but there is no need to bash anyone over it.

I have checked out the new user registration process, and I was able to register a test account with no problems

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:28 pm

I have been trying to log in for several days. It has been a while since I tried to log in and it seems I have forgotten my password. I am on my husband's account right now so I can try to get someone to help me log in. I have emailed the Board Administrator several times to change my password but nobody ever replies. It is really an aggrivating process and I agree that it should be changed.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:40 pm

mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:55 pm

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!

Return to “Site Announcements, Policies, and Technical Support”